Corvette Grannies!!!

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
As a very recent new owner of my new 'baby'...1977 C3, I am slightly worried about the feelings it has awakened in me!!!!
I have been all my life, devoted to Horses, owning, showing and breeding and have never really been that interested in cars, unless for their 4x4 and towing capacity or how many bales of hay I could get it them, but have never been that attached...However having gone to a car show and American Hot rod racing a couple of years ago, it re awakened my admiration for American cars. I had always loved the Corvette, having seen and drooled over a red Stingray in the 70's when I was a teenager!!! I was left a legacy from an elderly Aunt in 2019, after the misery of last year, in January this year I suddenly woke up and decided I was going to have a Corvette.....After looking at a few on line I went with hubby who luckily for me, is a mechanic, and looked at a few but my heart was set on the bright 'Candyam Orange' C3. Got her home a week later, drove her a couple of days but a few things were not right. Work done and she was back after a few weeks .I really missed her!!! Took her out at the weekend with hubby, even though it was raining!!! However, yesterday was a lovely sunny day for a change here in West Wales, so myself and my best mate (both ladies in our 60's) went out to our local sea side town for a sit by the harbour and some fish and chips. Two ladies sat on a bench said 'Love the car ladies'....Thanks i said, So do I!!!....Is it a TR7or a flashy Jag?....' No, its American, a Chevrolet Corvette' says I, laughing!!!!....a few blokes taking pictures on their phones. Then driving off, workmen giving us the thumbs up, and like a silly boy racer, I have to boot it just to watch their faces!!!!! Please tell me I am not the only middle aged attention seeker....I just LOVE the roar!!!!!! I expect we will be getting the nickname 'Hells Grannies' soon!!!!IMG_20210109_124305.jpg

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Loved reading your thread, the C3 looks cool......but then again all Corvettes are cool in my opinion. The attention they get is amazing, but I still can't imagine why people stare at mine when I'm driving it or stuck in traffic - enjoy every minute, life is far too short ;) (y)

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
As a very recent new owner of my new 'baby'...1977 C3, I am slightly worried about the feelings it has awakened in me!!!!
I have been all my life, devoted to Horses, owning, showing and breeding and have never really been that interested in cars, unless for their 4x4 and towing capacity or how many bales of hay I could get it them, but have never been that attached...However having gone to a car show and American Hot rod racing a couple of years ago, it re awakened my admiration for American cars. I had always loved the Corvette, having seen and drooled over a red Stingray in the 70's when I was a teenager!!! I was left a legacy from an elderly Aunt in 2019, after the misery of last year, in January this year I suddenly woke up and decided I was going to have a Corvette.....After looking at a few on line I went with hubby who luckily for me, is a mechanic, and looked at a few but my heart was set on the bright 'Candyam Orange' C3. Got her home a week later, drove her a couple of days but a few things were not right. Work done and she was back after a few weeks .I really missed her!!! Took her out at the weekend with hubby, even though it was raining!!! However, yesterday was a lovely sunny day for a change here in West Wales, so myself and my best mate (both ladies in our 60's) went out to our local sea side town for a sit by the harbour and some fish and chips. Two ladies sat on a bench said 'Love the car ladies'....Thanks i said, So do I!!!....Is it a TR7or a flashy Jag?....' No, its American, a Chevrolet Corvette' says I, laughing!!!!....a few blokes taking pictures on their phones. Then driving off, workmen giving us the thumbs up, and like a silly boy racer, I have to boot it just to watch their faces!!!!! Please tell me I am not the only middle aged attention seeker....I just LOVE the roar!!!!!! I expect we will be getting the nickname 'Hells Grannies' soon!!!!View attachment 9861
Excellent post made my day. enjoy the vette they are awesome.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Love the story of you and your Vette. Very good. The car looks awesome and love the wheels and side pipes. I have side pipes too and the sound is addictive :)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
What a great story Candyamsan , just loved hearing what a life re-affirming experience getting a C3 has been (y) And you have God`s own country to drive around too ! Not that I am jealous of course :sick: I just love Wales and try to get over there as much as possible , usually in a 4x4 so yet to take my C3 into the mountains and a drive along the A487 Ceredigion Coast road would be a blast . :D Who needs the Pacific Highway ?? We have friends that live up near Llangurig .
Happy cruising , and just enjoy all those horses under the hood waiting to be unleashed .
PS . I am not gonna show your post to my wife otherwise she will want to be driving mine :ROFLMAO:

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
What a great story Candyamsan , just loved hearing what a life re-affirming experience getting a C3 has been (y) And you have God`s own country to drive around too ! Not that I am jealous of course :sick: I just love Wales and try to get over there as much as possible , usually in a 4x4 so yet to take my C3 into the mountains and a drive along the A487 Ceredigion Coast road would be a blast . :D Who needs the Pacific Highway ?? We have friends that live up near Llangurig .
Happy cruising , and just enjoy all those horses under the hood waiting to be unleashed .
PS . I am not gonna show your post to my wife otherwise she will want to be driving mine :ROFLMAO:
We are only a couple of miles off the Ceredigion Coast Road,from Synod Inn....won't risk a drive into the mountains ,roads too narrow and windy!!!!.......luckily Hubby is quite happy being passenger....well now I've got used to the left hand drive!!!!!

James Vette

CCCUK Member
We are only a couple of miles off the Ceredigion Coast Road,from Synod Inn....won't risk a drive into the mountains ,roads too narrow and windy!!!!.......luckily Hubby is quite happy being passenger....well now I've got used to the left hand drive!!!!!
LHD is the best!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You can always go for a blast along the A44 from Aberystwyth to Llangurig then down the A470 through Rhayader and Builth Wells . Great sweeping roads and bends with marvelous views . I never tire of a good drive along that route :D I did it in my Marcos V8 a few years back , what a hoot !! Just have to beware the `Barmy Bikers` as they love it too . Its like an open day on the Neurburgring :eek:

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
You can always go for a blast along the A44 from Aberystwyth to Llangurig then down the A470 through Rhayader and Builth Wells . Great sweeping roads and bends with marvelous views . I never tire of a good drive along that route :D I did it in my Marcos V8 a few years back , what a hoot !! Just have to beware the `Barmy Bikers` as they love it too . Its like an open day on the Neurburgring :eek:
Yes will venture further afield when the weather gets a bit warmer.....heater not working!!!!

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Yes will venture further afield when the weather gets a bit warmer.....heater not working!!!!
Hello CANDYAMSANdra.. i didnt know you were on here, i only joined a few days ago. Good to see you here. You didnt mention the Rock Star provenance of your car! Are you Bedfordshire bound in July for the Nats?
Ive just done a heater delete on mine, there was a loud bang driving from the Sywell classic last year but i didnt know if it was my car or someone elses or even if it was a car. When it started leaking coolant behind the passenger front wheel, i thought it was the expansion tank but upon removal it wasnt so i joined the heater hoses together and the leak stopped.

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
No we are in far flung West Wales so to be honest 4 or 5 hrs in the old girl would do my back in and I would probably be deaf by the time I got there....plus I'd need a bank loan for the fuel!!! Did wonder about getting a car trailer and towing it with my Shogun....more comfortable and less fuel!!!!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
No we are in far flung West Wales so to be honest 4 or 5 hrs in the old girl would do my back in and I would probably be deaf by the time I got there....plus I'd need a bank loan for the fuel!!! Did wonder about getting a car trailer and towing it with my Shogun....more comfortable and less fuel!!!!
Allow about 380 mile round trip from the Ceredigion coast to Sharnbrook and back , then allow about 20 mpg at average cruising speed so comes to about £95 in petrol , give or take . :unsure: Sounds like the perfect road trip in the Vette to me . :D I bet the Shogun towing a trailer wouldn`t better that ! Don`t be shy and come on over and join the party 🥳