Corvettes on the small /big screen

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Been thinks about corvettes on TV and film. Can think of a few TV shows in which a corvette featured prominently
Obviously Route 66 featuring corvettes from 1960-63
Riptide featuring a red/white cove 59
The magician featuring a white 73 coupe.
There was a series in the late 80’s that had a red 64 convertible but can’t think of the name of it
Stingray featuring a 65 coupe.
Film wise I can only think of true lies the red/white C1 ( which I could have bought, but passed) and Con Airs 67 convertible. The infamous corvette summer.
White sands BB 65 convertible
I’m sure there must be more, but I can’t seem to think of them

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Ones I can think of:
A Team C4 Face’s car
Con Air C2 falls out of a plane
New Star Trek C2 falls off a cliff

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Possibly the most Famous movie car of all time, be it the original 1977 or part 2 1980 versions.
Burt below with one of his personal T/A’s which made 600k at auction.
C39DE166-FD80-4BD3-9B8B-62C15F430037.jpeg

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
You have to see Corvette Summer. I got the DVD recently. 😎👍 Bad, cheesy & dated, but it's all about the Corvette!
Corvette_Summer.jpg

There was also The Junkman which I took the Corvette chase and edited below.

Finally on TV, the third series of Fargo featured a C3. 😎👍
FB_IMG_1650713078236.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
You have to see Corvette Summer. I got the DVD recently. 😎👍 Bad, cheesy & dated, but it's all about the Corvette!
View attachment 16470

There was also The Junkman which I took the Corvette chase and edited below.

Finally on TV, the third series of Fargo featured a C3. 😎👍
View attachment 16471
Forgot about Junkman, great film, HB was a real life car guy. In gone in 60 seconds it was him driving the mustang when it span and hit that telephone pole. He was lucky to survive that one.
Never heard of the other series Fargo, will have to check it out.

Roscobbc

The Fargo movie is a classic.
The three spin off TV series were good, but the movie was the best. 😎👍
As G sez - Fargo TV series is fantastic - generally TV take-offs of films are crap - this one isn't - arguably better than the film - each of the three or four series has mainly different actors with the plot on a slightly differing timeslot - unlike most American series the individual series are quite short - the action is really very good, unusual and often both surprising and shocking.

TimP

CCCUK Member
I watched Apollo 13 a couple of days ago. The Tom Hanks character (Jim Lovell) drives a red C3 in a couple of sequences and the Gary Sinise character drives a gold C3 - there is a really nice shot of it too. Although the film is set in the first few months of 1970 the gold C3 is a 71/72 model with the later gills. I really should get out more.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I watched Apollo 13 a couple of days ago. The Tom Hanks character (Jim Lovell) drives a red C3 in a couple of sequences and the Gary Sinise character drives a gold C3 - there is a really nice shot of it too. Although the film is set in the first few months of 1970 the gold C3 is a 71/72 model with the later gills. I really should get out more.
Here’s a great shot of the three Apollo 12 Astrovets”. Only one survives nowadays.
6F36E38D-B239-4D93-A114-D6B2B3443EAB.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Here is an excersise in lateral thinking aand a totally left field one for you - `Cruel Sea ` a classic British 1953 black and white movie with great British stiff upper lip actors like Jack Hawkins . The Corvettes are WW2 warships on the perilous Atlantic convoys and not a car in sight ! :ROFLMAO: