Dash pod

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
Going for my first trip tomorrow to the mot as I need to register the car when I bought it the dash seemed fine to me but I have never seen one before !
Now it’s working but not illuminated is it something you can look at yourself or is there anyone that repairs them in the UK ?

Attachments

• 54CCCA3F-2205-4AB9-9F66-53020E8FAFCC.jpeg
    54CCCA3F-2205-4AB9-9F66-53020E8FAFCC.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 14

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Where you based? Speak to Keith at Eurovettes:
Maybe the bulbs have gone, but unlikely all would go at same time? Yes, you can take out the cluster and get into the back to change the bulbs. Look at YouTube. In your photos in your other thread, car has all 4 red US rear light lenses on it and no rear fog light? If so, will that get thru MoT? Wouldn't in previous years. Keith can help on that too.

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
Yea manual came yesterday I’m just wondering if it’s worth trying to look at myself or just take it out and send it off

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Don't know. Did you speak with Keith? Presume the photo above is when it was working and illuminated? Only prob I had on my '85 in 29 years of ownership was needed to replace two bulbs one time, and Keith did that for me. If you are handy and going to take it out anyway, may as well unscrew the back of it and see if you can spot anything, including blown bulb(s)?

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
No not had chance to call him yet but prob have a go at getting it out the weekend it’s not working so I can’t make it any worse ( I hope )

Ray Quayle

CCCUK Member
I used to rebuild these and even did a class on repair at the Nationals many years ago. I still have a couple of rebuilt clusters if it turns out you need a replacement. I could also rebuild yours. Post a photo of the problem.

This is one of my rebuilds showing what a working one looks like on my test bench:

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
That’s brilliant !! When I went to look at it it lit up but car was a non runner so it was delivered home now it won’t illuminate but you can see the display working mostly , as a couple of times it went off so may be a bit more too it I’m located just outside Dartford but deffo need it sorted

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
That’s brilliant !! When I went to look at it it lit up but car was a non runner so it was delivered home now it won’t illuminate but you can see the display working mostly , as a couple of times it went off so may be a bit more too it I’m located just outside Dartford but deffo need it sorted
Or replaced

Ray Quayle

CCCUK Member
Or replaced
Either way, it’s up to you. Or call Keith if you feel more comfortable as he’s a business. I just do it to help fellow members so I don’t need to make a profit. A photo would help as you are describing the four halogen bulbs behind the silver disks in my photo being all or most all out. This could be bulbs or power supply. Post a photo and contact me with “Start conversation” by clicking on my avatar if you’re interested in my having a look.

Redlevel

Well-known user
You could remove the front bezel around the dash and expose the wee lamps in their holders that light it up. They are easily removed and can be sourced online. I think I got mine off eBay but I cant remember which ones..
Remember, the dash will be dark at night due to the light sensor (square hole in dash, top left). I cant see mine in bright daylight either so I have a set of green leds behind my head to make the sensor light up the dash which works perfectly.. 20191128_170325.jpg

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
It’s all repairs now by a member on here it’s got led’s in now too just the rest of the car to go now !! Few wires need repairing in the loom too S trying to get all that sorted before I put it all back in