Dubai

Roscobbc

These people seem to have been active lately in marketing ex-Dubai vehicles - all images of vehicles supposedly for sale seem to be in Dubai - ad' even notes that all duties shipping is included in price etc.......look back a couple of week on our forum - there is more comment. Just remember that there is an extremely high level of disposable wealth in Dubai - cars may be treated as disposable objects and service routines may not be adhered to. The extreme weather and enviromental conditions. Carfax reports are not available from Dubai.....you are kinda own your own.....

Ian at Forfar

CCCUK Member
Thanks , my instincts are telling me it could all be a scam . Large deposit up front then you wait for 6 weeks for the car to arrive.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
As Ross alluded to an awful lot of cars in Dubai haven’t been serviced well, if at all. They won’t be euro spec either so no real advantage to USA.

Roscobbc

If you look on some of the international car salvage sites the major quantities of late model Vettes (and others) are advertised (as you'll imagine) in the 'States.........quite a few are located in Dubai and other middle east countries. These will not be recorded on the 'hit list'.

Ian at Forfar

CCCUK Member
Phoned the other day all seems on the up until you ask a few questions , they are not actually car dealers and don’t seem to own any cars but are just offer a import service .
They seem to buy the cars to order you pay a 65% deposit and balance when the car arrives in the UK .

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
If you look on some of the international car salvage sites the major quantities of late model Vettes (and others) are advertised (as you'll imagine) in the 'States.........quite a few are located in Dubai and other middle east countries. These will not be recorded on the 'hit list'.
If it helps or wanting to compare, here is 6,000 used Corvettes in USA
Select by picking year, model, color, options, etc on left side of screen

Used Corvettes for Sale

Here is a lot more

More Vettes for Sale

One more Corvette Sales website

Even more for sale

Roscobbc

Phoned the other day all seems on the up until you ask a few questions , they are not actually car dealers and don’t seem to own any cars but are just offer a import service .
They seem to buy the cars to order you pay a 65% deposit and balance when the car arrives in the UK .
Sounds like you take the financial risk (and probably pay their costs and part profit margin) without sight of the vehicle........

Roscobbc

Thanks everyone , will hold off buying till I see I nice car already in the UK .
Unfortunately Ian the first introduction for a Corvette for many is perhaps an unwise, ill informed purchase of a car that is not what it should be. Join the club, get involved with local meetings and members, be patient and you'll get get word of good cars for sale, both members cars and perhaps known dealers.

Ian at Forfar

CCCUK Member
Hi , club member for 22 years 😀 owned my C5 for 21 years , fantastic car changed to a Camaro last year great car but miss my corvette 😭 So now pestering all the America car dealers 😂