Era correct wheels???

louis_white

Well-known user
Hi all, I will be taking delivery of my first C4 vette hopefully next week. Can not wait.
It currently has what looks to me87 saw blades with grey centre caps or were these available on the 1990 model too. I was under the impression the 90 had salad shooters?

The plan is to get the car to show room OEM condition with all era correct parts.

(excuse poor picture quality, taken from sellers add)

thanks.FC629800-B7D1-41C7-B07D-79DAF027CE30.jpeg

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I was a bit confused by your question at first, but presumably you are buying (or have been told) its a 1990 model year car? If it is, it should have the revised for 1990 dash & steering wheel, and not the flat digi dash of 1984-89 cars. Those 16" wheels in your photo are from a 1986-88 (silver wheel centres) car (84/85 had black wheel centres). Those are the "salad shooters." 1989 on cars had 17" wheels as in Corvettes photo above, but there is another version of those too:

louis_white

Well-known user
I was a bit confused by your question at first, but presumably you are buying (or have been told) its a 1990 model year car? If it is, it should have the revised for 1990 dash & steering wheel, and not the flat digi dash of 1984-89 cars. Those 16" wheels in your photo are from a 1986-88 (silver wheel centres) car (84/85 had black wheel centres). Those are the "salad shooters." 1989 on cars had 17" wheels as in Corvettes photo above, but there is another version of those too:
Yes itโ€™s a 1990 with the fighter jet style interior, with driver airbag, that said I do prefer the 80โ€™s interior bit gutted I couldnโ€™t find an 88.
Thatโ€™s why when I saw the car I was confused it had the older style wheels. I do like them wheels bud would like to get the correct year wheels on it. So if mine are salad shooters and the 91+ years are saw blades whatโ€™s the name of the wheel style for the 1990โ€™s? Thanks ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘