Erectile dysfunction

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Sounds like it might be broken where it enters the block. There should be about an inch of tube beyond the collar sticking into the block and it should be tight.
Getting the broken bit out of the block might be a bit of a challenge. The correct way would be to take the sump off and push it out. It may be possible to pull it out with a bolt extractor but you’d need to be really careful not to jam the broken bit in there even tighter or get any fragments dropping down into the engine.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Sounds like it might be broken where it enters the block. There should be about an inch of tube beyond the collar sticking into the block and it should be tight.
Getting the broken bit out of the block might be a bit of a challenge. The correct way would be to take the sump off and push it out. It may be possible to pull it out with a bolt extractor but you’d need to be really careful not to jam the broken bit in there even tighter or get any fragments dropping down into the engine.
Thanks forrest, i will have a closer look 👍

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Oh no ! a dangly dip stick :eek: That sounds nasty . Hope its an easy fix . Maybe some kind of magnetised extractor could be inserted into the block if the tube is broken as Forrest Gump suggests . That would prevent the broken part dropping into the nether regions of the engine .

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
It all seems there and intact forrest 👍its just loose, now how to tighten it up? Was thinking of finding a bolt the right thickness so i dont distort , it hold in the vice and centre punch a load of dots in it and see if that tightens it up, or some chemical metal ?

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
It all seems there and intact forrest 👍its just loose, now how to tighten it up? Was thinking of finding a bolt the right thickness so i dont distort , it hold in the vice and centre punch a load of dots in it and see if that tightens it up, or some chemical metal ?
Well that’s very good news that it’s not snapped in the block. It’s odd that it’s so loose that it’s drooping, the usual issue is they’re too tight to get in or out of the block. I wonder if not the correct Chevy part you have there.
Guess you could give It a slight squeeze in a vice just to get it an interference fit in the block.....or buy a new one.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Well that’s very good news that it’s not snapped in the block. It’s odd that it’s so loose that it’s drooping, the usual issue is they’re too tight to get in or out of the block. I wonder if not the correct Chevy part you have there.
Guess you could give It a slight squeeze in a vice just to get it an interference fit in the block.....or buy a new one.
Did the 20-30 sharp punches with a wood bit , felt like a load of miniature sharks teeth , went into the block nice and tightly !. Perfect now 👍