From Where to Purchase ??

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
From where can I purchase the best quality Electric Window Motors for a 78 please ?

I have purchased two recently the one failed on the same day as fitted (Tested found faulty) the other Window has failed on the first outing of the Vette - may not be the motor - we do not know yet - but when I take the Vette to be sorted I need to have the parts if needed - I have since purchased the Driver's side window motor from Ecklers, but they are out of stock of the Passenger side motor till December - I want quality / reliability - it costs me time and money to take the Vette the 130 miles to get it sorted, with hiring a vehicle to get back and there to collect it - two days out of my life - yes someone nearer can install, but I trust this outfit with my Vette

So where can I buy Quality window motor please?

Rich

Administrator
Jeannie and I own a rewind/electric motor repair company. We usually deal with commercial motors, but if it helps, I can ask our engineer.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Barry , where are you based ? If it is just the window motor gone , I can recommend CDS in Northampton as my wife works for an electrical contractors that uses CDS for all their motor rewinds . As for finding quality repro parts these days , I think that`s a dead duck ! I blame the Chinese !!

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Barry , where are you based ? If it is just the window motor gone , I can recommend CDS in Northampton as my wife works for an electrical contractors that uses CDS for all their motor rewinds . As for finding quality repro parts these days , I think that`s a dead duck ! I blame the Chinese !!
Cheers Mike I am looking for new

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
So where can I buy Quality window motor please?
I wish I had the answer for you , quality being an unknown until it either lasts for ever or goes pop second time out . You could try Top Speed Auto Parts in Wellingborough , they carry a huge stock of parts for American cars and I have always found them helpful . Might be worth a call .

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I dont suppose you can say where you got the duff ones from (to rule them out) without falling foul of the moderators on here.
As Chuffer said, everything is made in China these days.. there is a big difference between modern factory China and cottage industry China but theres no way of knowing which one youre getting.
Im surprised that RockAuto dont appear to stock them. Also had a look at US Automotive but as expected no joy.
Is this not something that CK would stock? (subject to not having got the first ones you bought from there).

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Have you tried Corvette central, probably use the same supplier/maker as Ecklers. They may have them in stock