"Gasoline at the Griffin"

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hey folks - just a quickie and short notice too. Have arranged a Corvette meet at The Griffin's Head pub, Moor Road, Papplewick, Notts, NG15 8EN. We're getting together around 4:30-5:00pm and planning to have tea there too. I will send round an email to all Central North members just as soon as I can and apologies for the short notice. Autumn is fast approaching and Covid-19 has left us with limited scope to enjoy our summer drives and meets. If anyone wants to contact me directly then simply message me, or call me on 07901 853691. Hope you're all safe and well πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡² ;)(y)

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
I'm so glad that you spotted that deliberate error Graham! Sorry about that......we're convening on Wednesday 19th August at the afore mentioned venue at The Griffin's Head, everyone welcome and as I said we look to be having tea there (or is that 'dinner' these days?). Within the hour I shall be heading to the Lockkeeper in Worksop for my 'Corvette Round Up'. Y'all have a nice ya hear πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡² πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡² πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡² ;)(y)

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Quick heads up for anyone attending the meet tomorrow evening (19-8-20) at The Griffin's Head in Papplewick. If the weather is too bad then I for one will more than likely turn up in something other than the Corvette. Any thoughts :unsure: ???

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Yeah....too right, "I shall mainly be driving something non-American this evening. Hope anyone attending tonight wanting food has booked a table? It's Wednesday and the Governments 'Eat Out To Help Out' will be in full effect. Look forward to meeting some new faces and introducing myself to anyone that I haven't already met. Take care driving there in this GLORIOUS British summer weather :confused:(n)

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Well......it was a very wet night at The Griffins Head, unfortunately that was the rain and not the beer. Many thanks to Bill & Jan for keeping us company over food and drinks. No Corvettes as expected, but I did expect more club members in attendance? The weather was exceptionally bad and it was fairly short notice so we learn lessons and move on. Hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying the mask wearing :unsure: ???