Here's an interesting one...

HJG

Well-known user
1969 big block manual for auction. Estimate £20 000 - 28 000

Seems low? Reading the full description sounds like there a few minor faults, but other than that the car looks absolutely stunning in yellow.
Alas, no photos of the birdcage and the 'frame restoration' is very limited on detail. Interesting that reserve has already been met at £19K

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
1969 big block manual for auction. Estimate £20 000 - 28 000

Seems low? Reading the full description sounds like there a few minor faults, but other than that the car looks absolutely stunning in yellow.
Alas, no photos of the birdcage and the 'frame restoration' is very limited on detail. Interesting that reserve has already been met at £19K

I couldn't find the description..

Looks to be a very good price to get into a BB but there's definitely something funky going on with the fitment so maybe a crash repair

69.PNG

HJG

Well-known user
That is indeed odd, unless it was DY from factory, then got sprayed red and has now been returned to DY

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
That is indeed odd, unless it was DY from factory, then got sprayed red and has now been returned to DY

Still seems a lot of car for the projected price although mention of a frame alignment would reaffirm that it was likely hit. Wiper door inop and a headlight needs persuasion could be just a vacuum leak. Dimples in the paint around the headlight will be the support bracket rivets swelling. Unlikely to be the original motor and despite the plethora of receipts the one for the engine rebuild couldn't be found :cautious:

The write up is at least honest when it says it runs like a bag o s***

Roscobbc

It can be seen on - themarket.co.uk
Tyres must be a few years old - car deserves a decent set of tyres - front registration plate will need to be moved (to avoid overheating). Not so unusual to have non-power steering and non-power brakes. American's had a 'thing' back then about the European ideal of 4 speed manuals without PB or PB (driving them especially with radial tyres is another matter) - perhaps unusual to have a/c as the only option. Note the Hurst shifter. Door gaps are good.
fa6d5596-9364-4244-9d36-61fad6f7da71.jpg

One presumes that the owner of the vehicle hasn't a clue about Corvettes (or American cars in general) or he would have sorted the misfire issue to maximise his return - it could be something simple like a carb re-build, or HT lead problem) - questions that need to be asked are - is the colour correct for this car? - is the engine matching the car?

HJG

Well-known user
Its now stepped up a level....
Its now advertised as £20,000 classified
2 + 2 = 5 Mr Cricket
I saw that but is apparently just classified as that because that is the lower end of the estimate. It's still on auction.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Facepalm

Resplendent in Daytona Yellow, this 1968 C3 Sting Ray coupe is in strong condition, and remains as arresting to this day as we imagine it was back in 1968.

Roscobbc

It is a '69 and as such has (or doesn't have) several features that a '68 year car would (or wouldn't) have. With a little bit of work this will make a really fine car.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Seems like a recent import, ( not that it matters much) as it was first registered in the UK in November 21.
Yellow suits Corvettes very well.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
It is a '69 and as such has (or doesn't have) several features that a '68 year car would (or wouldn't) have. With a little bit of work this will make a really fine car.

Us C3 owners in the majority know the differences from '68 to '69 but clearly the author of that doesn't. Maybe we should offer our services for a fee :D On your second point, I would agree as long as it isn't crabbing down the road from the apparent crash damage.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Few cars can carry off yellow. I've not bonded that much with this one as much as I hoped I would but it's looking like a mate is taking it in a few months

View attachment 15021
Looks lovely. Always liked yellow Corvettes.
Love those PO2 hubcaps, soo understated. Found a set in my local pawn shop, got them for $30. Couldn’t resist them at that price.
It’s crying out for a set of white lettered tyres. 😂

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
It can be seen on - themarket.co.uk
Tyres must be a few years old - car deserves a decent set of tyres - front registration plate will need to be moved (to avoid overheating). Not so unusual to have non-power steering and non-power brakes. American's had a 'thing' back then about the European ideal of 4 speed manuals without PB or PB (driving them especially with radial tyres is another matter) - perhaps unusual to have a/c as the only option. Note the Hurst shifter. Door gaps are good.

One presumes that the owner of the vehicle hasn't a clue about Corvettes (or American cars in general) or he would have sorted the misfire issue to maximise his return - it could be something simple like a carb re-build, or HT lead problem) - questions that need to be asked are - is the colour correct for this car? - is the engine matching the car?

Something looks odd with that paint job
Looks flat in some areas and color darker around headlights
Mastercraft tire brand, never heard of them, is that a UK brand ?

wletters.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Looks lovely. Always liked yellow Corvettes.
Love those PO2 hubcaps, soo understated. Found a set in my local pawn shop, got them for $30. Couldn’t resist them at that price.
It’s crying out for a set of white lettered tyres. 😂
The last time I went in a pawn shop I got into real trouble ! I misread the sign over the door ! :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Hey guys, we are talking about and looking at a car that’s 52/53 years old. It’s lucky it’s still in one piece .
If you had asked John DeLorean in 1969 if a 1969 corvette will still be about in 2022, he would have laughed at you.
It’s bound to have faults, hell they had faults when they were brand new.