How Many Here Changed The Colour Of A Corvette?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Just curious to see how many here personalised a Corvette by changing the colour, even if from black to red etc? :unsure: 2020-Corvette-Bright-Wrap-001.jpg

johng

CCCUK Member
Mine was the two tone 25 year anniversary silver and grey. Now it's dark blue with a couple of Oyster stripes.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Ours was originally a Silver Anniversary 'B2Z" car. But it was red when we first saw it and, if I'm honest, back then (1990) we wouldn't have wanted a silver car. I've warmed to the silver/grey colour scheme, but still prefer ours in the red that it was, apparently, painted in back in about 1985, in Florida. It's showing its age a bit now, but back in 1985 it must have been a nice paint job because there was no trace of the silver and grey for many years.

Vetman

CCCUK Member
I got mine as gold over bronze as a variation on the Anniversary paint scheme. After many years of deterioration, and grey fibreglass ends, it got a Mille Miglia Red respray because I wanted a complete change.

image.jpg

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
So far as the DVLA are concerned my 1981 left the factory Orange on 01/01/81 and the very same day was resprayed in Yellow and fitted with a Yellow trim tag code. 🙄
I think CTG must have registered a few cars on the same day and the DVLA got a bit confused, it could have been Candyamsans car that did it, i think they arrived in the same shipment.

Roscobbc

That photo of your car in original colour with one headlamp open - its almost like the car is winking at the photographer and saying "you just wait until you see whats happening next"

johng

CCCUK Member
That photo of your car in original colour with one headlamp open - its almost like the car is winking at the photographer and saying "you just wait until you see whats happening next"
Maybe, but when I got the car it wouldn't actually blink or wink, it's eyes stayed firmly shut. Actually I should have been winking at the car as I don't think it realised what was going to happen next (come to that nor did I, I never actually intended to take the car completely apart!).

IMGP1602.JPG

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
So far as the DVLA are concerned my 1981 left the factory Orange on 01/01/81 and the very same day was resprayed in Yellow and fitted with a Yellow trim tag code. 🙄
I think CTG must have registered a few cars on the same day and the DVLA got a bit confused, it could have been Candyamsans car that did it, i think they arrived in the same shipment.
Mine is shown on the DVLA doc as Red....didn't know if they recognised Orange!!! Did yours come from Stuart at Carrot Town too?.....dont think mine was originally orange...we have found odd chips of blue and white...such a mystery!!!

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Mine is shown on the DVLA doc as Red....didn't know if they recognised Orange!!! Did yours come from Stuart at Carrot Town too?.....dont think mine was originally orange...we have found odd chips of blue and white...such a mystery!!!

:ROFLMAO: Choose a random colour, any colour will do. The trim tag inside the drivers door should tell you the factory colour code.
You do, of course, know the Black Eyed Peas history of your car. I nearly bought your car but Stuart said i would have to wait for it while they got it ready and mine was good to go.

Last edited:

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
:ROFLMAO: Choose a random colour, any colour will do. The trim tag inside the drivers door should tell you the factory colour code.
You do, of course, know the Black Eyed Peas history of your car. I nearly bought your car but Stuart said i would have to wait for it while they got it ready and mine was good to go.
Well Im glad you didn't have mine!!! Yes I know about the Black eyed peas but shame there;s no actual proof....I found the last owner in New York on FB and messaged him but have so far had no reply!!! are you going to the Show in Suffolk on the 25th?

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Well Im glad you didn't have mine!!! Yes I know about the Black eyed peas but shame there;s no actual proof....I found the last owner in New York on FB and messaged him but have so far had no reply!!! are you going to the Show in Suffolk on the 25th?

I am, ticket booked. It will be its longest trip so far (85 miles each way), equivalent to popping down the local shops in the US.
Are you going?.. its about 350 miles each way for you isnt it? You might as well come to the CCCUK Nationals and get a holiday cottage in Suffolk for the following week.

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
I am, ticket booked. It will be its longest trip so far (85 miles each way), equivalent to popping down the local shops in the US.
Are you going?.. its about 350 miles each way for you isnt it? You might as well come to the CCCUK Nationals and get a holiday cottage in Suffolk for the following week.

HAHA!!!! Yes we are going but are going to cheat a bit and bring the Vette on a trailer!!! I wouldn't trust her or want to drive that far and back in her, much as I love her!! We will be staying nearby Sat night so will actually be driving her to the show )ssh don't tell Stuart..he insists we drive her there and back!!!).....we went to the Stars and Stripes show on Sat and Sunday with her on a trailer and it worked well as that would have been over 4 hrs each way!!!.plus goodness knows how much in petrol!!..also found out the T Tops are leaking a bit as she normally lives in the garage!!!