How to use OBD Port effectively on Corvette

sarath169

New user
Most of us dont know that, there is a OBD port on our vehicle which is ready to connect to any devices we need to make cool rides. The ODB port has specific pin structure and the accessory are all designed specifically to fit in OBD connection. In some car, through OBD port we can bypass and translate the signals from car and use it more efficiently. Like if the OBD happen to pass information like battery percentage, engine oil quantity and tyre pressure then we can see those measurement on our screen and take action on it.
May be i am wrong about OBD but anyway it certainly pass power to the external appliances. So for example we can connect devices like GPS Tracker to this OBD port so that we can monitor the car location at all time.
What are the benefits of OBD port? and am i right about OBD sending digital signals about engine and battery status?

JetJock

CCCUK Member
I just bought the OBD reader recommended by TeamZR1, and tried it today. I'll be posting about it in the C6 forum, and hoping he might come in and give some advice.

I'm very non-techy, and I'm pretty gobsmacked that I actually got it to work and got a sensible reading out of it!

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Have you been using the scanner since you bought it ?
Make sure when you load the program to have laptop access to internet and then
click on Help and then click on Updates, so the newest version is downloaded and updated software