James Camaro?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Always liked these, sold quite a few back in the 70’s and 80’s. the 74-77’s had the lovely stainless bumpers. What’s the motor? . Have you bought it. They were good value for money at one time but prices for good ones are on the up.

The only problem with Corvettes is, only two seats. When I was much much younger I always used F bodies ( camaro firebird) as they could fit three/four friends.

And now with the internet, it’s so easy to get bits to personalise it.

Good choice.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
How can you ever go off Corvettes. Once you get the bug, it’s for life.
Same with American cars in general. Once your a yank man it’s for life.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
From what I’ve seen on the net ie eBay uk, cars and classics etc there’s quite a few C3’s available for sale here in the UK at the moment. A buyer may have to compromise on some things, but at least he will be sitting in a Vet. And that gentlemen is a great place to be.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Always liked these, sold quite a few back in the 70’s and 80’s. the 74-77’s had the lovely stainless bumpers. What’s the motor? . Have you bought it. They were good value for money at one time but prices for good ones are on the up.

The only problem with Corvettes is, only two seats. When I was much much younger I always used F bodies ( camaro firebird) as they could fit three/four friends.

And now with the internet, it’s so easy to get bits to personalise it.

Good choice.
I haven't bought this but I like it in black and definitely as you said 74-77 but got to have the duck tail spoiler! I think the rear lights are boring though and the 4 seats are very handy!

James Vette

CCCUK Member
From what I’ve seen on the net ie eBay uk, cars and classics etc there’s quite a few C3’s available for sale here in the UK at the moment. A buyer may have to compromise on some things, but at least he will be sitting in a Vet. And that gentlemen is a great place to be.
I can't compromise on the flat rear window but maybe the colour and chrome.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That’s the problem nowadays, old yanks are classed as “classics” and priced according. When I was 17 in 1976, once a yank was a few years old it was just that, an old yank. Something to be used every day. The exception was a corvette as it was by far the most expensive used yank on the market.
It was a great time then, lots of flash for a little cash. I’m very fortunate to have been about in that era.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
That’s the problem nowadays, old yanks are classed as “classics” and priced according. When I was 17 in 1976, once a yank was a few years old it was just that, an old yank. Something to be used every day. The exception was a corvette as it was by far the most expensive used yank on the market.
It was a great time then, lots of flash for a little cash. I’m very fortunate to have been about in that era.
When you could turn on the radio and it was always good unlike now I barely use it.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Yeah , there was great stuff like Bumble Gum music and Disco in the 70`s to listen too . :eek:

Ahh!.. the good old days, when five songs out of the top twenty were all by the Bay City Rollers doing battle with the Wombles.
I have a Roberts internet radio and as i type im listening to Pink Floyds 'Keep Talking' on Stephen Kings WKIT out of Maine.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The wombles and the rollers, yes great times. You guys that are a little older than me, did you drive in platform shoes?
I know my dad did if he was going out. Must have been bloody difficult. By the time I was driving they had gone.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Now that`s more like it Derek . (y) I am having a`chill out` session in the Den as we speak , listening to my Chris Rea albums .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The wombles and the rollers, yes great times. You guys that are a little older than me, did you drive in platform shoes?
I know my dad did if he was going out. Must have been bloody difficult. By the time I was driving they had gone.
I will defer on the Wombles and the Rollers as great times ( Les Mckeown passed away last month ) but yes , I regularly drove my Vauxhall Viva in platform shoes ! Had to have the drivers seat right back so as to to get my feet on the pedals ! 😆

Roscobbc

Platform boots - remember back 'in the day' when my brother in law was reversing his Triumph GT6 and managed to get one of his platform boots somehow wedged under the brake pedal, but full on the gas pedal - it was the funniest think ever seeing the look of terror on his face whilst the car was careering backwards for about 50 feet with the rear wheels spinning at max rpm pouring smoke........he eventually mananged to remove his boot and brake hard, finally stopping about 12 inches in front of the up 'n' over garage door.......

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Look at the size of them platforms.
Don powell’s And jimmy lea’s Don’t look too bad, but Dave Hills are monsters.
Very surprised there weren’t more driving accidents because of platform shoes/boots. Perhaps there were, but put down to other things.

27A32A7D-CD6A-4FF7-8C07-788672EB1CD2.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Platform boots - remember back 'in the day' when my brother in law was reversing his Triumph GT6 and managed to get one of his platform boots somehow wedged under the brake pedal, but full on the gas pedal - it was the funniest think ever seeing the look of terror on his face whilst the car was careering backwards for about 50 feet with the rear wheels spinning at max rpm pouring smoke........he eventually mananged to remove his boot and brake hard, finally stopping about 12 inches in front of the up 'n' over garage door.......
Worthy of Monty Python that ! :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Look at the size of them platforms.
Don powell’s And jimmy lea’s Don’t look too bad, but Dave Hills are monsters.
Very surprised there weren’t more driving accidents because of platform shoes/boots. Perhaps there were, but put down to other things.

View attachment 10830
As I recall Dave Hill broke his ankle on stage once wearing one of his more extreme pairs of boots . It might sound a bit corny now but £ for £ I always thought that a Slade gig was real value for money for a good `get on down` no nonsense rock & roll night . Saw them a couple of times . They did an awesome `live` version of Steppenwolf` s ` Born to be Wild` . One gig was in the Railwayman`s Club in the appropriately named Rock Street in Wellingborough . The place jam packed , hot and sweaty and standing in pools of spilt beer . The younger sister of one of mates was especially allowed out with us gang of hairies to see them and I had on her sitting on my shoulders all night so that she could see the stage as we all head banged ! Those were the days . 🤟