JULY 10th 2022 RALLY of the GIANTS, Blenheim Palace OX20 1PP.

JULY 10th 2022 RALLY of the GIANTS, Blenheim Palace OX20 1PP.
Posted by monty
Blenheim Palace
Sun 10 Jul 2022 - 08:30
Until: Sun 10 Jul 2022 - 16:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Hi all
we are having a CCCUK club area/stand at the Rally of the Giants at Blenheim Palace on Sunday July 10th, this is being organised by the Pre 50 American Auto Club and they are kindly allowing us to have an area designated just for our Corvettes.
The gates open at 8.30am onwards, its £15.00 per car ( includes 2 adults 2 children) this also includes access to the park and gardens, you can also if you want to, upgrade your ticket to enable you to go into the Palace, you are able to do this once inside the venue, you will have to present your ticket from the pre 50 AAC in order to do this.

To book into this show please visit the Pre 50 American Auto Club website where all the details of how to book can be found.
www.pre50aac.com

This is the important part for our stand/area, can those who book please let me know ( by email or phone) by July 6th that you have booked a place, I can then inform the organisers of how many corvettes are attending, they will then allocate an area big enough for our numbers, failure to do this will mean you will not be allocated a place to park on the CCCUK designated area (organisers instructions).

I have already booked my place and it’s very easy to do on the Pre 50 AAC website, they will send you confirmation and a ticket for entry into the show and the park and gardens.

It would be really good to see a generous showing of Corvettes.

Any problems you can always email me or phone me.

Mike Penn.
Central South Region Rep

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Damn ! Damn ! & Damn ! We are are away on holiday . Gonna miss out on a great event . :cry:

monty

CCCUK regional rep
The organisers have decided to put an award forward for the best Corvette on show, let’s hope we get a few Corvettes there for them to judge.
They normally don’t put an award up for Corvettes but after discussions with them and having a Corvette Club area they have very kindly decided to put an award up for us.

Lets not disappoint them, get your Corvettes booked in.

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
We're coming! In the C6. (if, by some miracle, the C2 is back together again, we'll bring that one AS WELL!!!) How great! This is another of our favourite shows.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
its £15.00 per car ( includes 2 adults 2 children)
I've got to work out where I'm going to put the 2 kids in my C3.....

Sounds an interesting show. I enjoyed the supercar event they had last year there around August or September. Great seeing the supercars leaving going down the straight over the bridge at speed. I wonder if they allow that for this event too?

2 hours 30 from me it seems, and the event people says in the small print that all exhibits have to arrive between 9 am and 11 am and be in place by 11:30am. So that's doable I guess for me. I suspect though that I might be away that weekend, will have to check diary. Then I'll have to see if I can manage 5 hours round trip of my C3 driving. I love it, but dunno if I personally can do that many miles in a day in it (it can, I might not).

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
Maybe you could stay over one night to split the drive? Sunday night is a lot cheaper than Saturday if you can be that flexible. We stayed at Eynsham Hall one year, but I'm not sure it's open now. There are places in Woodstock though! Hope we see you there!

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks Graham and Julie, Keith and Heather, Steve and Jan, i have got you down for your places on the CCCUK area/stand.

The organisers have kindly sent me a programme of events which includes live music from the 1940s right up to modern music.There are also parades during the day for vehicles of all ages.
This looks like it’s going to be an excellent fun filled day out at a beautiful venue.

If anyone wants to go then please book online www.pre50aac.com

If you want to be parked up with us on the CCCUK area/stand then please let me know by July 6th so that I can let the organisers know how many cars are attending from our club, they will then allocate us an area big enough to accommodate us.

It would be great to see cars from as many regions as possible.

Thanks
Mike Penn
Central South Region Rep

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
Looking at the plan of the showground on the leaflet they sent, it looks as though it's back in the prime spot, close to the entrance and the house. This is good news for the legs if you want to look around the grounds - the Harry Potter tree, the lakes, the memorial, or the house, or the restaurant, or the shop, or the art exhibition...
I can't say it too many times - really looking forward to this show!!!

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Hi jukebox, it will be great to see you there, when you get there head over to the CCCUK area/stand to park up.

Mike
Central South Region Rep

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Morning all, the weather looks promising for the weekend, it’s a great event at a great venue, Blenheim Palace.

If you have not already booked and want to go , please book via their website www.pre50aac.com .

If you want to park in the CCCUK area/stand then please let me know (on here or 07956320338) by Wednesday July 6th so that I can inform the organisers for the space needed.

Presently, there are only 6 Corvettes entered on the CCCUK stand. As it’s an all American show it would be great to see more Corvettes from the club exhibiting.

There is an award for the best Corvette, this is very kindly being done by the organisers just for us.

Mike Penn
Central South Region Rep

Last edited:

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Update , I have just looked on the pre50aac website and it says that pre entry is now closed, it does say however that entry on the day can still be done but it’s £20, this includes 2 adults and 2 children (not that you can get 2 children in a corvette).

If you do intend on going on the day but you know now that that’s what you are doing please let me know so I can reserve a place on the cccuk stand/area otherwise you might have to park elsewhere.

Mike
Central south Region Rep

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Hi all
we are having a CCCUK club area/stand at the Rally of the Giants at Blenheim Palace on Sunday July 10th, this is being organised by the Pre 50 American Auto Club and they are kindly allowing us to have an area designated just for our Corvettes.
The gates open at 8.30am onwards, its £15.00 per car ( includes 2 adults 2 children) this also includes access to the park and gardens, you can also if you want to, upgrade your ticket to enable you to go into the Palace, you are able to do this once inside the venue, you will have to present your ticket from the pre 50 AAC in order to do this.

To book into this show please visit the Pre 50 American Auto Club website where all the details of how to book can be found.
www.pre50aac.com

This is the important part for our stand/area, can those who book please let me know ( by email or phone) by July 6th that you have booked a place, I can then inform the organisers of how many corvettes are attending, they will then allocate an area big enough for our numbers, failure to do this will mean you will not be allocated a place to park on the CCCUK designated area (organisers instructions).

I have already booked my place and it’s very easy to do on the Pre 50 AAC website, they will send you confirmation and a ticket for entry into the show and the park and gardens.

It would be really good to see a generous showing of Corvettes.

Any problems you can always email me or phone me.

Mike Penn.
Central South Region Rep
What a fantastic day! The cars were stunning, location beautiful, weather hot(very)!
Thank you to Mike & Debbie, regional reps for Midlands South, for organising a super day visiting "The Rally of the Giants" show at Blenheim palace.
The club stand, which was favourably placed under some lovely shading trees in the fabulous parkland, infront of Blenheim palace,and attended by members from a number of different regions. There were 2 members celebrating birthdays, so Fizz, strawberries & cakes were the order of the day. I can't think of a finer way to spend a Sunday!

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks to everyone that turned up in their Corvettes for the Rally of the Giants, it was a fantastic show coupled with very hot sunshine which led to lots of fluid being consumed ( mostly water but some alcohol sneaked in as well) to keep us hydrated.

Hot weather and lots of American vehicles made for a bumper crowd of visitors who made very good use of looking around the fabulous line up of Corvettes.

Keith won an award in his very shiny red C3 Corvette which he displayed very proudly on his car.

Once again thanks to everyone who turned up which helped to put on a very impressive display for the CCCUK .

Mike Penn
Central South Region Rep

Nick B

CCCUK Member
What a fantastic day! The cars were stunning, location beautiful, weather hot(very)!
Thank you to Mike & Debbie, regional reps for Midlands South, for organising a super day visiting "The Rally of the Giants" show at Blenheim palace.
The club stand, which was favourably placed under some lovely shading trees in the fabulous parkland, infront of Blenheim palace,and attended by members from a number of different regions. There were 2 members celebrating birthdays, so Fizz, strawberries & cakes were the order of the day. I can't think of a finer way to spend a Sunday!
Always was a very good, well organised well attended event, I used to go every year when it was held at Knebworth House, a great show.