Looking To Buy A Quality C3

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Despite having owned three fabulous Corvettes over the last 16 years, life has kept getting in the way of me adding a C3, especially over the last 2-3 years. I had to let a couple of stunning cars go due to Covid then my health, however, I'm looking to finally make it happen in the next few months.

With that in mind, if anyone reads this and thinks they may be about to sell their C3 or knows of something becoming available as described below, please keep me in mind and message me as I would rather buy from a known CCCUK member or from the likes of Gavin at EMC etc. who I am in regular contact with.

So which C3 am I looking for?
1) Sadly, it must be an automatic due to another unrelated health issue.

2) These are essentially the years I am looking at factoring in their relative cost, year build specs and their overall visual presence that appeal to me personally.

1970 - 1972, 1973 or 1980
However that said, I would not rule out any year C3 if it was something extra special and ticked all my boxes.

3) It does not have to be a show car, but it must be in a particularly good to excellent condition and mechanically already sorted as it will be driven often and far hopefully.

I am not looking for one that requires work (although I know they all need TLC) but in need of a respray might be something I would look at. Essentially, a C3 that has been loved and cherished and has a good history trail and not one being flipped.

4) Performance and Mods.
a) While not looking for 500bhp, I do want one with a decent amount of torque that can still be used to effect in an auto, i.e., a stock 1975 at 165bhp is not for me.

b) Having grown up around racing C3s, ideally I want it to have the extra presence that side pipes give them, but it's not a deal breaker.

5) I am open to any colour other than yellow (no offence to any owners!) although for the right car, I would consider a respray.

My ideal colours are a metallic orange (Ontario, Atomic, Daytona Sunrise / Sunset etc) but blue, green, black, and nice reds (Candy Apple etc) are all options.

I would prefer not to have a red interior unless perhaps in a black C3.

6) Having watched prices for almost 3 years, I have the appropriate budget but that won't be extended to what certain UK 'showroom' dealers are pricing at.

Please note, I am not looking to buy today due to post-surgery recovery, but ideally in a few week, IE: late April or May / June.

Any private messages are welcome.

Some examples of what I am after are shown below.
Thank you. :cool:(y)

Orange Mod.jpg
PSX_20210328_224555 copy.jpg
Ontario.jpg
maxresdefault copy.jpg
Screenshot 2022-02-12 231150 copy.jpg
225127_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
Blue 1980.jpg

Last edited:

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I think I recognise that 73 πŸ˜‰
Good luck with the search Graham πŸ‘πŸ»
Indeed you do Sir
Still gutted I don't have it in the garage now. :cry:

Hope you are keeping well and enjoying your new one and I REALLY look forward to meeting up and seeing it in the summer when I re-emerge. (y):cool:

LolHare

Regular user
I'm considering selling my 81 as I'm really struggling to get in and out of it being in a wheelchair you see

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I'm considering selling my 81 as I'm really struggling to get in and out of it being in a wheelchair you see
Hi
Thank you for your reply and I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties.
Please could you message me details and some images?
Thank you in advance

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yeah , but what a way to go eh ? I just love `em . I have friends living in the wilds of Mid Wales with two of these awesome Dodge Ram beasts , makes my Hemi Jeep look like a toy when we go up to visit and hit the mountain roads in convoy .DSCF1730.JPGDSCF1099.JPG:LOL:

Polar944

CCCUK Member
Hi, I have a 79 auto that I have just fitted patriot side pipes to. Looking to sell in the next few months. If you are interested I can send details. Thanks.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Love those Rams, when the redesign came out for the ( I think ) 1994 model it looked fantastic. It was immediately used as the lead vehicle in Walker Texas Ranger, who had used a GMC in the previous season. Over the years it’s got better and better. And a bit larger.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
One for you James.
What’s one of the most famous screen legends to come out of Atlanta? You could really say two legends.
you MUST know this one. NO cheating now. πŸ˜‚

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Love those Rams, when the redesign came out for the ( I think ) 1994 model it looked fantastic. It was immediately used as the lead vehicle in Walker Texas Ranger, who had used a GMC in the previous season. Over the years it’s got better and better. And a bit larger.
My mates other Ram is a later model in grey metallic and very high spec with diamond stitched grey leather interior , plus larger diameter wheels . He bought it in mint condition off an old boy in the UK whoes wife hated it and couldn`t climb into it . My mate got it for a very good price !!