Loving this new Website

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I know I am - I Know Norm is - how about you?

Norm keep posting - cheers - you are making up for most of the CCCUK whom do not come on here.

N

Norm

Thanks. I'm retired, the weather has been crappy, I can only clean and shine the Vette so many times without taking it out to get dirty......:)

Rich

Administrator
I agree, Barry. I am definitely in favour of the new website. Norm is keeping it all together but no doubt with a bit of promotion we can encourage most of the club and the Corvette enthusiasts out there onto the site.

N

Norm

I agree, Barry. I am definitely in favour of the new website. Norm is keeping it all together but no doubt with a bit of promotion we can encourage most of the club and the Corvette enthusiasts out there onto the site.

I appreciate the nice comment, but please no credit to me, that goes to the staff that put this site together, I'm just having some fun with it. As the photo posting has become very easy, I'm just taking advantage of it, as I do on a few other sites.

In due time, this place will catch on, just have to convince others to start posting your stuff, show it off.:cool:

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I have to agree! Like Norm, I was allowed to have a sneak preview "play" with the site and I had a feeling that it would be popular. I'd like to see a higher percentage of the membership using the site- I sometimes despair at the apathy in the club - but Ben and the team have done a great job, so congrats to all concerned.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
What is the difference between "Latest Posts" and "Latest Profile Posts"? And why does a load of other stuff appear between them?

It seems odd that only about five posts get listed on the front page when you log in to the site and you can't see the various main headings unless you scroll down the page. When you do scroll down you don't get to Corvette Hints and Tips (which seem particularly relevant on a Corvette owner site) until after Humour, Off Topic and various other stuff.

What's the thing that was being discussed yesterday about a "member thread" or some such?

No doubt there will be opportunities to refine the look and feel as time goes by.

N

Norm

What is the difference between "Latest Posts" and "Latest Profile Posts"? And why does a load of other stuff appear between them?

It seems odd that only about five posts get listed on the front page when you log in to the site and you can't see the various main headings unless you scroll down the page. When you do scroll down you don't get to Corvette Hints and Tips (which seem particularly relevant on a Corvette owner site) until after Humour, Off Topic and various other stuff.

What's the thing that was being discussed yesterday about a "member thread" or some such?

No doubt there will be opportunities to refine the look and feel as time goes by.

There is a bit of redundancy on the new site, but after I've spent some time here, it's relevant to your personal navigation. Click on your name upper right, dropdown box appears, it shows all your posts in your content, you can change or tailor the site preferences to your liking, and many other choices.

Just like anything new, the more you experiment, the more experience you gain, then it becomes quite easy.

Latest posts are what members had posted, which is for public viewing, the "latest profile posts" are discussions between members that are not private and only members can view. If you go to the site and not log in, go to new posts, you won't see the latest profile post there, so non-member's public you won't see.

Latest Profile Posts are not to be confused with "conversations", which are the old pm's (private message).
Hope this helps.