LS2 Ported throttle Body

Robster

Busy user
11E986C9-3712-4A2E-BCC7-37141084FBAF.jpeg
After weeks of watching YouTube videos on performance parts, I decided to have a go at porting my throttle body today. Easy enough to off, and marked up the closed and central positions ready.
Looks a straight forward job with my dremmel and de burring bits. Has anyone else done this themselves ?
wanted to do the intake manifold as well, but looks very complexed to remove and above my skill level.

C6NL

CCCUK Member
I did mine about 10 years ago, better throttle response and perhaps a tiny bit more power because of the larger opening. DO NOT take away to much material, and keep away from where the throttle blade closes, otherwise you can get errors.

I stayed about 1/4 of an inch away from the TB Blade... and just brought the two rides on the top and bottom of the TB down to create more of a circle instead of the stock oval shape.

Robster

Busy user
I did mine about 10 years ago, better throttle response and perhaps a tiny bit more power because of the larger opening. DO NOT take away to much material, and keep away from where the throttle blade closes, otherwise you can get errors.

I stayed about 1/4 of an inch away from the TB Blade... and just brought the two rides on the top and bottom of the TB down to create more of a circle instead of the stock oval shape.
Thank you really appreciate the advice, doing it today

Robster

Busy user
This was from when I had just started it, didn’t take anymore. Easy enough to do, just need a die grinder and some P400 and p600 sand paper

Attachments

• 2164F472-503B-40FA-A817-4BC000D49C45.jpeg
    2164F472-503B-40FA-A817-4BC000D49C45.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 8

C6NL

CCCUK Member
I found the throttle response from idle greatly enhanced, this makes heel and toe easier to get it right.

PS thnx Rich :cool: