Need another Corvette in my life......

Fatbloke-Dim

Busy user
Made the mistake of selling my nice '93 convertible. Don't ask....... Now looking to fill the hole , ideally that hole that needs filled would be C6- shaped, but a nice C5 may fit, right car, right colour, right price kinda thing. Can anyone suggest any pro/con viewoints of these 2 generations , and perhaps offer some tips on weeding a good 'un out of the crowd ? Not that there's much of a crowd of 'Vettes on sale just now. Knowledge is power , as they say, so time for some homework , methinks. All input very much appreciated , folks !

Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
If you are looking at early C6s (2005 on) you may see 2005 model year cars that were first registered new in 2006 (55, 06 or 56 plate) and potentially later. A 2005 model year car has a 4 spoke steering wheel (that year only) and on the auto, the 4 speed auto box carried over from the c5. 2006 on model year cars have a 3 spoke steering wheel and the auto is 6 speed with paddle shifters on the steering wheel. I'd put a Wanted ad on here.

Last edited:

Fatbloke-Dim

Busy user
Unfortately, can't put a wanted ad on. Had rather fancied a '06 on auto , never really been bothered about a manual , but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker. Had a look at 2 C5's so far, one , low miles convertible , in red , 't other an '01 coupe in dark metallic blue. really ought to have committed myself at the time , instead of holding out , and so missed 'em both ! Unusual for me , as I'm usually quite impulsive. Patience is a virtue , they say , but it's cheated me twice in a month ! Had looked longingly at the coupe Barry Scard has on here, but "domestic mandate" decreed it may be out of reach budget-wise , but I've heard hints that it may not be necessarily so , the chancellor may be taking a more "bear" position , but not heard back from him since my last post. The quest therefore continues. I have arrived at the conclusion that an '03 onward C5 is the way to go , or if a C6 , which is my preferred option , an '06-up. Just need to know if anyone has any experience of traps in either strategy.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
You sound serious. If so, join the club as a paid up member and put a Wanted ad on here. Sold my C6 last year to a new club member who put up a Wanted ad up. And at a price that was fair/advantageous to both of us, rather than a dealer who is just "flippin" it and charging you thousands for doing it.