New import C3

Adriana1

Busy user
Hi guys

New to this forum- was a member 10 years ago when I had a rather nice ZR1 in red
Now about to import a C3 coupe from NYC, the process seems fairly strait forward but would be glad to hear from anyone that has gone this route
Also just wondering if I need to have the car MOT tested - the car is a 1971 so older than that in need of MOT test, not sure if it needs testing on 1st registration

Thanks for reading look forward to hearing from you soon

Adrian

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Hi guys

New to this forum- was a member 10 years ago when I had a rather nice ZR1 in red
Now about to import a C3 coupe from NYC, the process seems fairly strait forward but would be glad to hear from anyone that has gone this route
Also just wondering if I need to have the car MOT tested - the car is a 1971 so older than that in need of MOT test, not sure if it needs testing on 1st registration

Thanks for reading look forward to hearing from you soon

Adrian
Hello Adrian.
I imported a 72 last year and as you say process was pretty straightforward, given that the company I used to import it helped me out greatly (Golden Chariots) It seemed to me and them, that the easiest way to get mine UK registered, was to do the indicator and light mods and a few mechanical repairs that deemed her MoT passable and therefore road legal here and once DVLA were aware of this, issued Reg No. no probs at all. Obviously it's now up to me to have her MoT'd each year if I so wish.