New Sounds

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
i had a badly fitted sparkomatic radio cassette with speakers that crackled and popped when turned on so I've decided to replace with a modern unit fitted into a wooden surround I made out of an old bit of flooringIMG_7537.jpg. ive ordered some alpine 6 x 4s for the dash mount and some 6 x9s for the rear which ill make some carpeted boxes for to make them look a bit neater.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
A radio cassette player :eek: . Haven`t you found loud switch for the hi fi unit under the hood yet ? It`s called a Chevy V8 :D:D

johng

CCCUK Member
I'll need to fit new speakers and radio later this year, what model speakers have you gone for? Please let us know if you have any problems fitting them when they arrive. Also can you post a photo of the radio once it's fitted. Thanks.

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
I'll need to fit new speakers and radio later this year, what model speakers have you gone for? Please let us know if you have any problems fitting them when they arrive. Also can you post a photo of the radio once it's fitted. Thanks.
I went for Alpine SXE-4625S were what i plumped for about £40 on Amazon so won't break the bank but i love Alpine stuff it lasts forever and is great value. i removed the cage removed from the passenger side dash as i could get to that without removing the whole dash to find out what size to use. the speakers i think were the originals and not in a serviceable order. The alpines do not fit straight on the original lugs but im tempted to fit the original metal frames to the new speakers so im toying with cutting off the lugs and then drilling the outer cage and tapping some small screws or even bolting them to the frame before re screwing frame back to dash, they are not as deep as the originals either so should fit nicely. ill let you know how i get on:) I also bought some acoustic cloth to wrap over the front before fitting to dash so the dust etc doesn't drop through holes in dash in speaker.