Oil pressure pickup point

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
My ‘70 C3 has had a replacement ZZ4 engine replacement. The person who did it however neglected (among many other things) to find a hookup point for the oil pressure gauge.

Now I’ve googled until my fingers bleed for a ZZ4 oil pressure sensor location but they all use an electrical sensor, whereas my ‘70 still has a tube and mechanical dial.

Is there anyone (with a similar oil pressure dial configuration) who can take a photo of where and how yours is installed? Also, does the tube need to be filled with oil or does it operate with some sort of diaphragm?

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
My ‘70 C3 has had a replacement ZZ4 engine replacement. The person who did it however neglected (among many other things) to find a hookup point for the oil pressure gauge.

Now I’ve googled until my fingers bleed for a ZZ4 oil pressure sensor location but they all use an electrical sensor, whereas my ‘70 still has a tube and mechanical dial.

Is there anyone (with a similar oil pressure dial configuration) who can take a photo of where and how yours is installed? Also, does the tube need to be filled with oil or does it operate with some sort of diaphragm?
I've just spent a whole morning trying to get mine to work, without success. The little thin black pipe from my oil pressure gauge, goes back through bulkhead and then screws into a port at the rear of the inlet manifold, behind and below distributor. You can see it quite easily with a torch, when leaning in from driver's side. I think it was Kent Vette who kindly added a video of a guy replacing his oil pressure line, with a new kit with braided pipe, to assist me in the What Did You Do With Your Vette Today thread.
shows all of the above really well.

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
I've just spent a whole morning trying to get mine to work, without success. The little thin black pipe from my oil pressure gauge, goes back through bulkhead and then screws into a port at the rear of the inlet manifold, behind and below distributor. You can see it quite easily with a torch, when leaning in from driver's side. I think it was Kent Vette who kindly added a video of a guy replacing his oil pressure line, with a new kit with braided pipe, to assist me in the What Did You Do With Your Vette Today thread.
shows all of the above really well.
I lied, he added it to my thread entitled "Help/Advice Please" !!!