Other classic cars

plastic orange

CCCUK Member
Here's my 1953 Chevy Bel Air. It's got a 6 litre LQ4 with alloy heads and corvette cam from Turnkey Engine supply company, a 700R4 box, TCI mustang 2 front clip with power steering and a Ford explorer rear axle. Downside is that it has a MEFI-4 ecu which apparently is locked by said turnkey company, so I can't do a thing with the tune - although it does run lovely, but could be improved. The car is completely re-wired, has new tinted glass and a refurbed interior. I bought it 4 years ago from a guy who imported it from Carlsbad in 2013. It really is a lovely car, looks stock, but isn't.

Attachments

• tink forfar.jpg
    tink forfar.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
  • chevy29.jpg
    chevy29.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 8
  • chevy 13.jpg
    chevy 13.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 7
  • chevysun1.jpg
    chevysun1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 8
  • chevy at no9.jpg
    chevy at no9.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 11
  • moggies with tinkerbell.jpg
    moggies with tinkerbell.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 11

plastic orange

CCCUK Member
Here's my other Minor - 1955 with Rover 3.9 V8, jag IRS and Vauxhall Chevette front clip. It's very 70's in appearance having been built back then, but still more than keeps up with modern traffic. I've owned this for almost 20 years

Attachments

• mujm3.jpg
    mujm3.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Muj Phantoms 19.jpg
    Muj Phantoms 19.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 3
  • martin48.jpg
    martin48.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 3
  • martin33.jpg
    martin33.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 4
  • CIMG1536.JPG
    CIMG1536.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 3

James Vette

CCCUK Member
So I like watching car interviews and came across this episode with a beautiful cascade green C1. I recommend the channels My Classic Car and Lou Costabile for more. America looks so beautiful I'll have to look into getting a work visa or something to get out there after covid clears up but who knows how many years until then.
LINK

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
As lad of 10 -11 years old I used to help Fred our local Co Operative Dairies milk man on Saturday mornings doing his delivery round with Northamptons last horse drawn milk float . It had a 1 HP engine called Maude and as a treat I got to drive her home when the deliveries were finished . When Maude was put out to pasture and Fred got an electric milk float , he hated it . The round took us horse_cart_4.jpgtwice as long because an electric float can`t follow you along the street like a horse can as you dropped off bottles of milk at each house . :LOL:

Roscobbc

Can't believe people had jars of milk on their doorstep like surely it turned warm or rats climbed all over it. :sick:
No - it was delivered in glass bottles in the early morning, generally before 9am. Rats even though intelligent wouldn't be able to open or pierce the fairly silver paper bottle tops. Birds were the problem. Blue Tits were bright enough and had sharp enough beaks to peck through the bottle tops and get at the cream settled in the top of the bottle (none of that heathy semi-skimmed milk back then). Most households would leave a piece of wood on the doorstop that the milkman would simply place on top of the bottles preventing the birds getting at them.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Birds did peck the tops somethings to get the cream, especially the gold top milk ( full Jersey Cream) our milkman delivered to us between 6.00-6.30am weekdays, later on Saturday as it was time to pay him, and he wanted people up.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
What I hated was the crates of free school milk in 1/3 pint bottles that were delivered to the school yard . In the summer they had curdled in the heat by break time and in the winter they froze and the milk expanded and pushed the foil caps off so you had a milk ice lolly . Blue tits loved the rich pickings though .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Remember it well.
The worst bit was being made to drink it all up by the teacher when warm , creamy and half curdled on hot summer days . It put me off warm creamy milk for life . I can still only drink semi skimmed straight from the fridge to this day . What traumatic childhoods we had back then !! :eek: :LOL::LOL: