Out door cover ( link to last thread)

Nigel curry

CCCUK Member
Just a quick question
As the car will be freshly painted can anyone suggest a good out door car cover as although she will be on the drive it will be outside

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
In that case the Vette needs to have all the previous paint removed and the fiber glass dried out prior to repaint, otherwise there is a pretty good chance of the blistering returning.
Be careful re the paint removal - paint stripper can be fatal and remain active on some sorts of fiber glass - you may have more than one type of fiber glass on your Vette, depending if any replacement panels have been used and then there is the option of a DNA sander which can lead to other issues depending on how it is used.
Painting a fiber glass vehicle requires a different skill set to that of a metal vehicle.
Are they going to warranty their work, especially as far as the blistering not re-occurring?

Nigel curry

CCCUK Member
In that case the Vette needs to have all the previous paint removed and the fiber glass dried out prior to repaint, otherwise there is a pretty good chance of the blistering returning.
Be careful re the paint removal - paint stripper can be fatal and remain active on some sorts of fiber glass - you may have more than one type of fiber glass on your Vette, depending if any replacement panels have been used and then there is the option of a DNA sander which can lead to other issues depending on how it is used.
Painting a fiber glass vehicle requires a different skill set to that of a metal vehicle.
Are they going to warranty their work, especially as far as the blistering not re-occurring?
Yes as far as they can and being as my budget will only go so far ,it’s not a question of getting the cheapest job around but unfortunately my budget won’t go any where near some of the quotes offered.But I thank you for the sound advice
Nige

Vaughan watkins

CCCUK Member
Car cover is a big no no, especially with fiberglass, as above any moisture under the paint will bubble, i put my viper in a cover when i first got it and within a month the paint blistered where it had been painted on the door, and it hasnt gone down, so needs repainting, if its a long term thing i can highly recommend a carcoon, i have two now one for my 75 vette and one fro my Viper, not cheap but it will keep it dry and in tip top condition