Pcv cover removal

Budgie

CCCUK Member
Ok,so does it just pull out?I've had many jags in the past,this is my first yank so not familiar with this type of pcv set up

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Ok,so does it just pull out?I've had many jags in the past,this is my first yank so not familiar with this type of pcv set up
Just a pull out job . You might find that the grommet has hardened with the heat and stuck around the stem of the Breather / PCV body . If the grommet looks perished or pulls out of the rocker cover with the breather , packets of them are readily available from UK suppliers and cheap enough .

kentvette

CCCUK Member
You obviously don't have stock valve covers, so out of interest, what is the "cover" on the right hand bank valve cover? Is that an intake with a filter?

kentvette

CCCUK Member
It's exactly same as passenger side cover but with a tube coming out going to the carb area
I meant the right hand (ie passenger side on a LHD car) side valve cover. On stock covers, the PCV valve and the oil filler would be on the left side cover, and a tube to the air filter on the right. I just wondered if the round cover on the right side valve cover was a filter, or maybe a filler cap as well?

By the way, the car looks fab - have you posted any photos, and if not, can you?(y)

Roscobbc

If you remove that passenger side cap it sould have a series of holes on the underside (and a visible filter/mesh internally) - if it doesn't have this and is 'non-vented' the PCV valve on the opposite side will not work correctly. The 'vented' side replaces and 'balances' the air drawn-in to the inlet manifold by the PCV valve.,

kentvette

CCCUK Member
If you remove that passenger side cap it sould have a series of holes on the underside (and a visible filter/mesh internally) - if it doesn't have this and is 'non-vented' the PCV valve on the opposite side will not work correctly. The 'vented' side replaces and 'balances' the air drawn-in to the inlet manifold by the PCV valve.,
Yep, that's what I was getting at Ross. (y)