Quick hello to all the Central North CCCUK members !!!

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hope you're all staying safe and suitably amusing yourselves during this coronavirus lockdown period? It certainly gives us plenty of time to spruce up our motors ready for summer, that is, if we get a summer this year? Any tales to tell about your cars, pictures or anything remotely humorous then please feel free to stick a thread in our our little place on the website. As soon as we have been given the all clear for the Covid-19 virus and things start to return to something resembling normal I hope to be arranging some small meets and putting some faces to names out there. Any questions you might have or good ideas etc then just drop me a line. Happy motoring and I hope you all remain healthy & happy.......... :giggle: (y)

Graham Butler

Regular user
Here's a picture taken at the 2019 International Bomber Command Centre (IBCC) Car Show2 15th September 2019 - IBCC Classic Car Show.jpg in Lincoln to start the ball rolling.

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
I'm still here Paul. It's certainly frustrating not being allowed to go out onto the road.
I've been thinking of places that might be suitable for meets, so will email you when I have a spare minute (lockdown yes, but you should see the list of "little" jobs I've been given):ROFLMAO:
Bill

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hi there - although the Coronavirus lockdown rules/guidance have been relaxed recently I have yet to arrange any meet up's officially. There have been several members meeting locally and abiding by the social distancing rules in the Notts area but nothing else organised so far. Having said that, just as the dreaded virus appears to be receding, the weather has done its best to discourage cruising in Corvettes for some time now. What I intend to do some time fairly soon is to send out an email to all Central North members suggesting possible venues that have been forwarded to me and hopefully get feedback as to who may or may not be likely to attend. The other matter for me is the abysmal weather we've been having. I personally have no intention of taking my Vette out to meets or cruises when the weather forecast is ominous. My car is by no means a trailer Queen but I fail to see how much enjoyment there may be, sat in our pride and joys watching the rain belt down. What does everyone else think, be interested to know. I have some venues to kick off with and will be circulating these as and when I can. Hope you're staying safe and keeping well, thanks for the message 😁(y)

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
Yes Paul, I think we are all with you regarding setting off in the rain - my 'Vette's a delicate little flower🙄
That said, it's given better weather soon hasn't it?

Graham Butler

Regular user
Quite agree, although our Vette isn't, by any means, pristine, I see no point going to a meeting point in the rain, in sitting in it watching the rain come down, then driving home in he rain, better to wait for a less inclement evening/day!

Nick B

CCCUK Member
Agreed, I would never set out in the rain even if i had planned and been looking forward to an event for months rain would make me abandon it.

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Sounds like we're all singing from the same hymn sheet with regard to the gorgeous British summer weather then folks. Hopefully there will be a fairly small Corvette meet next week (w/c 13-7-20) on the A616 near Ollerton, Notts. It will probably be sometime midweek, either Wednesday or Thursday next week and should anyone wish to attend to shake off the cobwebs (and the rain) then please feel free to turn up. There is a cafe there named 'The Green Hut' and plenty of parking space. It would be good to see some of you there and as soon as I have finally arranged the time and date I will send another message round. This summer has to be kind at some point.........doesn't it :unsure: ???