Quizzicle

Roscobbc

How about a simple 'Quizzicle' (I think that's what Daytona Barry names it) why we while away the days all banged-up indoors? Hopefully it won't make any of us too 'testy' if you gets my drift. I'll start it - prize is - 5 gallons of 'siphoned-off' and stale Shell VPower Super Unleaded gas (perfect for hi-octane bonfires to consume all that garden waste).
Study the image of my '68 (first year) C3 L36 big block Vette. There are 18 things
ings in total visible in the image that are non-standard or an incorrect fitment
(ignoring the door graphic) - name them!

Attachments

• _dsc4244_f2df80c0095e4e3060d7841f8b8027fc383bec40.jpg
    _dsc4244_f2df80c0095e4e3060d7841f8b8027fc383bec40.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Corvette

Well-known user
Good morning Ross,

orange side light /indicator lens should be clear
hood
numberplate is positioned too low(airflow you retort)
tyres
wheels
lugnuts
27 decal
stance (spring poundage)
motor
fire extinguisher in pass footwell
paint

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Add to Frank above
both wheel type and size
ditto tyres
lack of 427 badge on the incorrect hood
gear box shifter
steering wheel
Ice system
rear lights
most items under the hood
more power (creating the squat stance under acceleration)
the jack and wheel brace

Roscobbc

Sorry guys - we've had two of our number 'splitting hairs' and trying to take full advantage of their indibidual lifetimes of pedantic Corvette knowledge. I have edited the Quizzicle to allow for any pendants who may visit the page. Irrespective of this previous answers are incorrect. The clue is "VISIBLE in attached image" (read as theoretically visible)

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Wheels
Sill trims should be black with a chrome trim
Indicators/side lights should be colourless
Side markers at front should be orange
Bonnet is off an L88
Not convinced about numberplate position but can’t find anything else.

Roscobbc

Hi Oneball
"Sill trims should be black with a chrome trim
Indicators/side lights should be colourless"

Rocker panels ARE in fact black with chrome/stainless trim
Side markers as pictured are correct for early cars
And, yes number plate bracket is incorrect - lowered for better cooling.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
hood L88
hood colour
wheels
tyres
indicators
number plate position
stance
I am presuming they are 68 door locks with the seperate release button (pic too small) yes because some carried on to early 69s unless they are not original doors Ross

Last edited:

Roscobbc

hood L88 - Yes
hood colour - Yes
wheels - Yes
tyres - Yes
indicators - Yes
number plate position - Yes
stance - no - stock suspension fitted - so 9 leaf rear - higher poundage front springs - part of original F41 'Slalom' option
I am presuming they are 68 door locks with the seperate release button (pic too small) yes because some carried on to early 69s unless they are not original doors Ross - no - original door locks ('68 and '69 visually the same - '69 recessed door flap opens door - on '68 door lock barrel is depressed to activate door mechanism)

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
hood L88 - Yes
hood colour - Yes
wheels - Yes
tyres - Yes
indicators - Yes
number plate position - Yes
stance - no - stock suspension fitted - so 9 leaf rear - higher poundage front springs - part of original F41 'Slalom' option
I am presuming they are 68 door locks with the seperate release button (pic too small) yes because some carried on to early 69s unless they are not original doors Ross - no - original door locks ('68 and '69 visually the same - '69 recessed door flap opens door - on '68 door lock barrel is depressed to activate door mechanism)
the door lock = i did not explain well, locks same, buy lock on 68 includes protruding button - push to open - 68 only, but my buddy has them on his 69, built late 68