Removing front bumper cover on 1979 COUPE

Nigel curry

CCCUK Member
Hi all
Any one got any info on removing the above please,I have removed some but the side ones seem almost impossible to reach,I have removed the front grills and head light covers
Regards nige

johng

CCCUK Member
Nige, It's a while since I took mine off, but I remember it being a bit of a bar steward. Looking back at my photos, I think I took off the grills and the head light covers along with the headlights themselves, which gave access to some of the nuts and I'm pretty sure I got to the rest from underneath after taking off the under tray. Quite a few of the studs sheared off which actually made things easier. Not sure if I also had to remove the chassis extensions.
Photo shows how it looked once the cover was off.

IMG_20180108_151816563.jpg

Nigel curry

CCCUK Member
Nige, It's a while since I took mine off, but I remember it being a bit of a bar steward. Looking back at my photos, I think I took off the grills and the head light covers along with the headlights themselves, which gave access to some of the nuts and I'm pretty sure I got to the rest from underneath after taking off the under tray. Quite a few of the studs sheared off which actually made things easier. Not sure if I also had to remove the chassis extensions.
Photo shows how it looked once the cover was off.

View attachment 3779
Oh my days!!
I have to take off the back bumper cover as well !
I think I may leave this one to the body shop,at least they will have a car lift.
Thanks John