Run out and damper change

Roscobbc

Minimising the use of Vette since start of '22 I decided to go to the local classic car club's monthly meet-up this morning. Haven't been to this for a few years - I did an oil change and filter yesterday and wanting to put a new set of plugs in I thought it best first to 'tweak' the four corner idle set-up so needed to take a run-out anyway. Being a fairly large 950 cfm race carb the idle adjustment is very delicate with perhaps a knats cock of a turn between rich and idle.
Being as the venue was only 4 or 5 miles away I thought I'd give it a go........only 5 other vehicles turned up this morning......bit of a change from 30 or 40 a few years ago.
I had installed a set of Koni's a couple of years or so ago and hadn't found them too good especially on front with far too much wheel 'patter' on poor road surfaces (although hadn't optimised the rebound adjustment)
So borrowed a pair of KYB's off a buddies Vette (thanks Andy, Essex Rep) and put them on the front end yesterday to see what difference they'd make. Buddy said that he found them rather harsh - perhaps he's right and they do seem to make anything loose rattle around but seem to cure the 'patter' issue.
quite 'harsh'.20220703_130454(2)edit.jpg Nice day for a relatively local ride-out though.........

Attachments

• 20220703_130827(1)edit.jpg
    20220703_130827(1)edit.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 7

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I like your squiggly blue number plates. Very cool. Where did you get them? I guess with your engine you don't need to worry about the cops as you can outrun them...... until you realise the fine is cheaper than the fuel bill.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I did find those KYB shocks to be harsh on our rutted roads. I now have Bilstein B6 on my car. They’re a performance shock but also give a noticeably smoother ride. There comes a point with stiff springs and sway bars where the C3 chassis is probably starting to flex and creak too.