Sandra Dumont

B8VET

CCCUK Member
Very saddened to open Vette news and learn about Sandra Dumont. When I was membership secretary I recall picking up the printed magazines from her that Sue and I would then have to put in envelopes and post ourselves. Sandra was always wanting articles so she could put them in the magazine and I did my best to oblige . Her dedication and commitment played a large part in this club which I am pleased others have taken up to continue it to grow from strength to strength. Where has 25 yeas of corvette ownership gone. ! RIP Sandra

Rich

Administrator
Andy, it's people like Sandra, you and many others who worked tirelessly for the Club in the early days, thus making the task of developing it so much easier. She must have been so proud that she started Vette News.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I second that Andy. I've just read about her passing in Vette News. I got on well with Sandra and following the news June & I were talking about the articles I used to send her- she never wanted them formated as she re-typed it all! Brings back a few memories doesn't it! She was a tough act to follow at first, but she must have been pleased with how Vette News progressed!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Very sad to hear this news. Back in the late 80’s I first met Sandra when she was doing the club magazine and over the years got to know her quite well. RIP Sandra.

B8VET

CCCUK Member
It certainly does bring back some memories. Yes I remember now Sandra used to re type it all and get bits of handwritten articles and photos hard copies and re do it all and turn it into the magazine . I remember renewal time having to stick the club members name and number on the back of the card and then putting the magazine and card in the envelope ! Sue was treasurer and used to get all the cheques and go to the bank and get them paid in . We had 800 odd members so it was very time consuming. Glad new technology has made things less time consuming!

NickJames

New user
Hi Andy
Nick James calling .. yes very sad news this was in my hay day of corvette ownership and CCCUK membership.. I remember her well, we must catch up I still live in the same place .. please pm me (say hello to Sue for me)
all the best Nick