Screaming chicken decal

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Pontiac has used various designs of its now famous Phoenix hood decal over the years, and I personally think the later ones that spread out onto the front wings are best. However the one on this classic Brewster Green 73 sure looks period. Pity about the off center shaker, but that’s probably easily fixed.109C4D11-F482-4DB1-AE6B-496937B82D23.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I was always surprised and a little disappointed that the 73 Brewster Green Trans-Am used in the film McQ staring John Wayne didn’t have the hood decal on it. Car was new at the time of filming, so somebody must have disliked it.

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That phoenix grafix sure is an eyeful. I think one of the most heavily grafixed cars was the Mustang 2 King Cobra. To buy that kit now must be big bucks615E9898-EF9E-496C-8898-1F8EF0E4FAE9.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Grafix have sure come a long way from the humble side pin stripe.

I was once in a 1979 Trans Am on the M1 going up to Newcastle , dad was driving, suddenly the Phoenix flew off the hood. One second we noticed it had lifted on an edge then whoosh it was gone. We were speechless.

Roscobbc

Strange how (certainly in the case of Mustang) how the graphics became far, far bolder as the performance lessened 🤔

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They certainly make a car “look” faster. Put a pair of hood stripes on and it immediately looks sportier/faster/meaner etc. GM F-bodies certainly used graphics with great effect, Trans-Am, Formula, Z28 all had marvellous graphics. The corvette on the other hand always remained mainly grafix free. The C1 none, C2 none, C3 couple of bits for the LT1 on the hood, hardly counts as graphics. 78 pace car, but then all pace cars had them, 82 collector. Nothing really big and bold. Same with the C4, nothing much. The vette obviously didn’t need anything to increase it sales, it’s status in the US did it all.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
This mustang 2 certainly was all show, but then most US cars were in the mid/late 70’s.
It sure looked racey tho.
FB26BC7D-0AB1-4DAF-832E-37A0F96F1C92.jpeg645799D9-66A8-40D3-AB72-B0D26830CD4B.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Strange how (certainly in the case of Mustang) how the graphics became far, far bolder as the performance lessened 🤔
I suppose looking fast is/was as important as being fast in the sales sense back in the smog/emissions late 70’s and 80’s. Graphics have always played a part in “sportiness “ . Look at the Boss Mustang, it was fast in the day, but the blacked out hood and trunk, side stripes and rear louvers made it look even faster.
CC97E841-5615-4D8A-9911-CCCFD0A08D74.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just thought of that series with the red 64 vert. It was called Max Monroe loose cannon . In the pilot he used a 1990 convertible then switched to a “classic” as was becoming the norm for TV shows and films.

Maxxx17

Regular user
The stickers are the strangest out there. That's why I like the younger models of cars, because they do not have such strange things. I recently bought a used Toyota Yaris 2021 and I am satisfied with my choice. It is an important model to introduce the brand to new customers. Therefore, despite the size of the car, for a novelty Toyota Yaris obviously have not spared technology. For example, already from the start of sales a hybrid version is available.

Last edited:

Roscobbc

Trouble is, there old grannies now 🙁😂
Wonder if they are still 'hot' as grannies now? - Fararr Fawsett perhaps had the right idea along with so many other movie, music and other 'icons'...........die early, perhaps at your peak of fame, skills, looks and beauty and let those looks be immortalised. Must be hard for 'icons' living in to much older age constantly being reminded of who you were, how you looked 50+ years ago........

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
They certainly make a car “look” faster. Put a pair of hood stripes on and it immediately looks sportier/faster/meaner etc. GM F-bodies certainly used graphics with great effect, Trans-Am, Formula, Z28 all had marvellous graphics. The corvette on the other hand always remained mainly grafix free. The C1 none, C2 none, C3 couple of bits for the LT1 on the hood, hardly counts as graphics. 78 pace car, but then all pace cars had them, 82 collector. Nothing really big and bold. Same with the C4, nothing much. The vette obviously didn’t need anything to increase it sales, it’s status in the US did it all.
Can’t imagine Marilyn Monroe as a old grannie.
View attachment 18981
View attachment 18981
667DD968-EEF2-4ABD-BD1C-8933EE952145.png667DD968-EEF2-4ABD-BD1C-8933EE952145.png
Pontiac has used various designs of its now famous Phoenix hood decal over the years, and I personally think the later ones that spread out onto the front wings are best. However the one on this classic Brewster Green 73 sure looks period. Pity about the off center shaker, but that’s probably easily fixed.View attachment 16457
View attachment 18981
hmm yes , you wouldnt want to see what’s under that skirt now

antijam

CCCUK Member
Wonder if they are still 'hot' as grannies now? - Fararr Fawsett perhaps had the right idea along with so many other movie, music and other 'icons'...........die early, perhaps at your peak of fame, skills, looks and beauty and let those looks be immortalised. Must be hard for 'icons' living in to much older age constantly being reminded of who you were, how you looked 50+ years ago........
Remember Brigitte Bardot........?

Bardot.JPG