Service & reliability

marky sv

CCCUK Member
Hello Im new here on this Corvette forum, Ive recetly sold my 1978 C3 and Im thinking about buying a C5, what are your experiences in terms of reliability and maintenence, such as how much it costs to maintain it and keep it running eg service costs etc.
Thank you and look forward to reading your replies,
Marky

Blackzed

CCCUK Member
Same as any other car really. Had a 2001 coupe that I ran as a daily for over four years, only needed basic oil changes and tyres, all in all very reliable.

Rich

Administrator
Marek - welcome to the forum and thank you for joining the CCCUK.
I have had three C5s. 100,000 miles. Never had anything go wrong (apart from one Column Lock failure). I used to change all fluids regularly, battery every two years, air filter every year and never let the oil life monitor drop below 50%. Servicing costs are no different to any other car. However, C5s are a little older now than when I had them, and they can suffer from electrical gremlins and electrical component failure, but the ability to extract the error codes means that solutions are normally quite simple to find. I could go on, but send me an email to chairman@corvetteclub.org.uk and I'll send you a copy of the CCCUK C5 Buyers Guide for Club Members which will help with what to look for.