Shipping Parts

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I’m looking to buy some fairly bulky suspension parts from a supplier in the US but am shocked by the shipping cost they‘ve quoted
The parts cost is £840 and UPS shipping cost £442! Duty then another £352. So the shipping and duty totals almost as much as the parts.

I was wondering about using a shipping “forwarder” to cut the cost but have no experience of them. One I’ve looked at called Myus will reduce shipping to around £170.

Does anyone on here have any experience of using such companies or got any recommendations please?

I‘ve bought loads of parts over the last few years (including heavy bits like a crankshaft), just using the supplier to arrange via UPS or FedEx and haven’t until now felt shipping to be too excessive. I guess the global Covid chaos may be making shipping expensive at the moment.

Andy

antijam

CCCUK Member
I've used MyUS a few times. They're particularly useful when an American supplier won't ship to the UK. I've found their shipping charges reasonable and they're very efficient - it's easy to track your package online. You still have to pay import duty when your goods arrive in the UK.

Last edited:

johng

CCCUK Member
What are you buying Andy? I've no experience of using forwarders, but I've certainly found different vendors shipping costs vary wildly. Can you get the bits from another vendor? What about Eurovettes?

Rich

Administrator
Try Keith at Eurovettes. He may be able to source your parts through his suppliers and give you an all inclusive price.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
What are you buying Andy? I've no experience of using forwarders, but I've certainly found different vendors shipping costs vary wildly. Can you get the bits from another vendor? What about Eurovettes?
I’m looking to get a fibreglass rear spring, anti-roll bars, a pair of springs and a few sundries from VanSteel. Large items I know but not £442 to ship surely? There was a faster option that was over £600!
Maybe I’ll speak to Eurovettes.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I've used MyUS a few times. They're particularly useful when an American supplier won't ship to the UK. I've found their shipping charges reasonable and they're very efficient - it's easy to track your package online. You still have to pay import duty when your goods arrive in the UK.
Thanks Antijam.. I’ll need to factor in the shipping from supplier to the Forwarders address too, although both are Florida so might not be much. Yes, import duty still payable of course but Myus say I won’t pay US sales tax, so another saving there If that’s the case.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Thanks Antijam.. I’ll need to factor in the shipping from supplier to the Forwarders address too, although both are Florida so might not be much. Yes, import duty still payable of course but Myus say I won’t pay US sales tax, so another saving there If that’s the case.

Good luck. I hope it works for you. Where MyUS really score is if you buy parts from several different suppliers, all of whom offer free shipping within the USA. MyUS will consolidate your purchases into one shipment and with their advantageous shipping rates to the UK this really makes a saving.