Smog/ Air Pump

donald.e

Regular user
OK, I’m removing the Air Pump from my 78 L82, and indeed the standard Air Cleaner, in favour for something that will let it breathe, and will in future be swapping out Exhaust & Headers, but in the meantime I will be plugging the headers were the pipes for the Air Pump are removed.
However this raises a couple of Questions
1. The Vacuum Hose from the rear of the carb to the twin Snorkel vacuum diaphragm (hot/cold air) should this just be capped off?
2. More questionable the removal of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve (EGR)
3. Removal of the Early Fuel Evaporation Actuator (EFE)
There are mixed feelings on removing 1 & 2 above, but I feel this is the direction I want to go, but am open to opinions.
If these were to removed again a couple of questions regarding Capping of hose’s with regard to the EGR this hose goes to a T piece split to Thermal Vacuum Switch on thermostat housing, and the front of the Carb, should I remove the TVS plug it and cap the hose from the Carb.
As for the EFE, if removed again I can cap, ensure the valve is open, but again the question is the hose’s, agin to a T piece, splitting to another TVS and carbon filter, and from TVS to carb, again should I remove TVS plug and cap both hose’s
I appreciate a few question but I’m sure there’s some options out there, and likely been done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 386668CB-864F-4E03-A874-C656607F5B22.jpeg
    386668CB-864F-4E03-A874-C656607F5B22.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 15