Number Plates

Roppa440

Well-known user
I think problems arise with the more “fancy” designs from states plates and the like. I’ve seem white backgrounds with coloured lettering which is totally illegal.
Absolutely. An old mate of mine used to run plates styled on the old California type that had a blue background and yellow digits.
He got pulled every other day the daft sod.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
70’s California Blue and yellow tags look real good. I prefer them to the earlier “black” plates which are so sort after.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Not sure on the legality of wording on the top or bottom of the plate or corners for that matter as seen on the majority of plates on older US vehicles. Doesn’t seem like much, and doesn’t interfere with the main numbers/letters, but the laws the law.
The plates below I don’t think would be classed as legal.
Go to any show in the country and possibly the majority of US cars and certainly trucks will have something similar on them
B7C4026E-DF04-4F85-8C3C-0D7C75B21ED1.png2CB29721-6137-4749-B7DD-BFB01B4563C4.jpeg

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Well yes, but those are probably cars that do about 500 miles a year pottering to a couple of summer shows.

For those of us who use our cars all year round it's quite a good idea not to have a big sign on each end saying "please nick me".

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Totally agree. Me personally, only think that style of plate only suits vehicles of a certain age. On the more modern cars ie corvettes, camaro’s challengers, chargers and the like these plates look not so good. A standard size 12” x 6” reflective plate looks much better.