Stiff handles

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Only one C3 out of the four I viewed last year had stiff handles but I was thinking surely this is an easy fix? Just for future reference. Thanks!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I take it you mean the door release mounted externally in top of door ? It could be due to the linkages inside the door not functioning properly or simply the latch mechanism in trailing edges of the door needs lubricating . Remove the door cards to access the internal linkages and the recessed door release / grab handle . There is a spring inside the handle / release chromed cup . Removing the whole assembly is do able but very fiddly because of restricted access to the two locating nuts and bolts . Especially the rear ones of the two.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I take it you mean the door release mounted externally in top of door ? It could be due to the linkages inside the door not functioning properly or simply the latch mechanism in trailing edges of the door needs lubricating . Remove the door cards to access the internal linkages and the recessed door release / grab handle . There is a spring inside the handle / release chromed cup . Removing the whole assembly is do able but very fiddly because of restricted access to the two locating nuts and bolts . Especially the rear ones of the two.
My passenger side was sriff when I got the car, a little maintenance with some wd 40 followed by some 3in 1and some spray grease on all moving parts and its fine now.👍