T-Tops
Stock bumpers
No bad rust issues

Preferably:
Blue on black

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I’ve got these two coming over. 1977 coupe and a 1974 Convertible. Both FL cars all their lives. 481E2C21-CA7D-4712-8E3E-BCE2FF289CA1.jpeg481E2C21-CA7D-4712-8E3E-BCE2FF289CA1.jpeg

Attachments

• AB9D9353-FF10-4127-AEE7-CEA49E3F780D.jpeg
    AB9D9353-FF10-4127-AEE7-CEA49E3F780D.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 17

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Hello. I’m in Enfield ( north London) and cheshunt ( Herts) can let you know when they arrive, your more than welcome to have a drive of it.
Re shipping with all the paperwork, clearance, insurance, some inland transportation and ocean freight, it works out about £1400 from the east coast. Always try to purchase the car as close to the ocean as possible. This saves you on transport costs. ie not from Kansas. West coast shipping is more expensive and takes longer as the ship has to go through the Panama Canal. As for import tax/duty whatever you wish to call it, it’s pretty straightforward. For vehicles 30+ years old ( so 1981 is OK now, as you can say original registration date was 02/01/81 ) it’s vehicle invoice price + shipping price giving you the total landed price. The Dollar price paid will be converted to £ pounds using HMRC’s monthly set rate. That converted £ price will have VAT at 5% added giving you the total cost to you. Anything after 1981 it’s landed price + 10% Duty + 20% VAT.
Hope the above is helpful.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Hello. I’m in Enfield ( north London) and cheshunt ( Herts) can let you know when they arrive, your more than welcome to have a drive of it.
Re shipping with all the paperwork, clearance, insurance, some inland transportation and ocean freight, it works out about £1400 from the east coast. Always try to purchase the car as close to the ocean as possible. This saves you on transport costs. ie not from Kansas. West coast shipping is more expensive and takes longer as the ship has to go through the Panama Canal. As for import tax/duty whatever you wish to call it, it’s pretty straightforward. For vehicles 30+ years old ( so 1991 is OK now, as you can say original registration date was 02/01/91 )it’s vehicle invoice price + shipping price giving you the total landed price. The Dollar price paid will be converted to £ pounds using HMRC’s monthly set rate. That converted £ price will have VAT at 5% added giving you the total cost to you. Anything after 1991 it’s landed price + 10% Duty + 20% VAT.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Re shipping with all the paperwork, clearance, insurance, some inland transportation and ocean freight, it works out about £1400 from the east coast. Always try to purchase the car as close to the ocean as possible. This saves you on transport costs. ie not from Kansas. West coast shipping is more expensive and takes longer as the ship has to go through the Panama Canal. As for import tax/duty whatever you wish to call it, it’s pretty straightforward. For vehicles 30+ years old ( so 1981 is OK now, as you can say original registration date was 02/01/81 ) it’s vehicle invoice price + shipping price giving you the total landed price. The Dollar price paid will be converted to £ pounds using HMRC’s monthly set rate. That converted £ price will have VAT at 5% added giving you the total cost to you. Anything after 1981 it’s landed price + 10% Duty + 20% VAT.
Thank you this is very helpful.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
No problem, happy to be of help if I can.
The internet has now made the buying of cars in different countries much easier than it was 25 years ago.
Searching for cars is now so easy. Professional inspections are readily available and the cost is very reasonable. They offer peace of mind. Shipping companies can all offer nearly instant quotations.
It is now straightforward and in most cases trouble free.
What was once hard ish, is now easy peasey.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
No problem, happy to be of help if I can.
The internet has now made the buying of cars in different countries much easier than it was 25 years ago.
Searching for cars is now so easy. Professional inspections are readily available and the cost is very reasonable. They offer peace of mind. Shipping companies can all offer nearly instant quotations.
It is now straightforward and in most cases trouble free.
What was once hard ish, is now easy peasey.
The hard part is getting people to reply to your offers. 😅 Do you collect your cars from Southampton or Portsmouth or deliver at home?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
We always used to collect them from Southampton, but for the last few years I’ve had them collected and delivered. It costs about £210 from Southampton to Enfield/cheshunt.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Many private sellers are very cautious/afraid to deal with people from other countries. They think they will get scammed, so they don’t even reply to the initial email. I’ve even had a reluctance to complete the deal when I’m standing in front of them with the cash. Most dealers will not have this problem, and be more than happy to deal. The main concern for us in the UK is the lack of any sort of MOT. In the states if it drives it’s OK as far as the owner is concerned. Corvettes have always been a little different as owners take pride in them, but there are a lot rough ones about, and some owners don’t realise their pride and joy is a rough one. Nice and shiny outside but rusty underneath. As always with vehicles now approaching 53 years old ( in the case of a 1968 C3 ) its a gamble.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Many private sellers are very cautious/afraid to deal with people from other countries. They think they will get scammed, so they don’t even reply to the initial email. I’ve even had a reluctance to complete the deal when I’m standing in front of them with the cash. Most dealers will not have this problem, and be more than happy to deal. The main concern for us in the UK is the lack of any sort of MOT. In the states if it drives it’s OK as far as the owner is concerned. Corvettes have always been a little different as owners take pride in them, but there are a lot rough ones about, and some owners don’t realise their pride and joy is a rough one. Nice and shiny outside but rusty underneath. As always with vehicles now approaching 53 years old ( in the case of a 1968 C3 ) its a gamble.
Well I look forward to coming to see your '77 hopefully in June if that's ok. I was looking to import one myself from a dealer and I always ask for precise photos of where rust is bad on C3's but they never really bother getting back to me because shipping is hassle I guess.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Would it be cheaper to have me collect it for you? Pay for my fuel and that's it. I live near Southampton. How I get home from yours I have no idea. (y):unsure:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I have a US driving license, and I’m covered by US insurance when I drive them back from Southampton. Once back, I insure them on the VIN to get the cover note for registration.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I have a US driving license, and I’m covered by US insurance when I drive them back from Southampton. Once back, I insure them on the VIN to get the cover note for registration.
Well if you ever need someone to pick it up then I definitely can at no extra cost than fuel.

Emc

Supporting vendor
I have a stunning 76 L82 auto arriving before june, restored with new interior, perfect paint work , white with Red interior (firethorn) this is a rare car being a matching numbers L82 , the same condition as all our cars