Stuck bonnet

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
Fitted the new bonnet couple of weeks ago and not done anything since I tried to open it today it releases and springs up but will only pull up on the drivers side it catches on the passenger side when I pull it any ideas ? I tried to lever it a bit but now cracked the bonnet !!! And to top it off it won’t run now either !!! So walked away from it again

Attachments

• 04B1ABCA-B7E9-4B8D-9841-873776878E5C.jpeg
    04B1ABCA-B7E9-4B8D-9841-873776878E5C.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 20

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Not a good day then Steve. Don't know if this helps? Cheers/Peter

Redlevel

Well-known user
You need to somehow grab the cable for the passenger side catch and pull it hard maybe with a pair of long nosed vice grips.
The problem is that the cable isnt adjusted enough on that side, so when you do get it open, adjust the cable on each side so they are both tighter.
I also have paracord tied to each side of my bonnet catches so if the cable breaks, I just reach under the wipers and pull it hard to open.
Good luck.. 👍

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Let us know how you get on Steve. Re "non-running", is the engine turning over when you try and start it etc? I'd be looking at my Haynes manual for possible causes/problems.

Redlevel

Well-known user
VATS? Try cleaning the pellet on the key or another key..
When you turn on the ignition, the fuel pump energises via the ECU and pressurises the fuel rail to about 45psi.
Turn the key further to energise the starter, and it should fire.
When it does, the oil pressure comes up and the oil pressure switch (next the oil pressure sensor behind the dist.) makes and takes over the 12v feed to the fuel pump from the ECU.
I would turn on the ignition, then turn it off and check the fuel pressure at the rails Schrader valve. Preferably with a gauge, or carefully with a screwdriver tip, safety specs and a lot of rags and fire extinguisher handy.
If you have pressure, the fuel part is good, so check for spark next..

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
Hi I’m a plank !!! Luckily mines too old for vats but having fuel helps !!! I drains half a gallon out my bike threw it in and bingo a runner !!! Cheers the the advice though this is a helpful group

Ray Quayle

CCCUK Member
On Wednesday, you should be able to tell how much fuel you have. Sorry it took so long, I feel a bit responsible for you trying to start without fuel as no cluster, no gauge.

I

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
Finally sorted the stuck bonnet had some spare time so whipped the passenger wheel off and the fender on the bonnet , this left me just enough room to get a spanner in the bolts securing the mount to the bonnet.
The release cable was all fine think it’s me miss alining it so had just jammed in

Attachments

• 2FD56255-38A2-4080-86EB-1665FE54ADC1.jpeg
    2FD56255-38A2-4080-86EB-1665FE54ADC1.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 6106E12C-1F34-4396-BFBE-CE1685FC7B9A.jpeg
    6106E12C-1F34-4396-BFBE-CE1685FC7B9A.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 10
  • A86CBCAF-6725-4420-8E6B-BA3F75A90AB2.jpeg
    A86CBCAF-6725-4420-8E6B-BA3F75A90AB2.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 10