Technology Gone Bad

Roscobbc

....Here come the local vigilantes! 🙄🙈
Speed Cameras
This device and local nimbies/vigilanties with a police loaned speed camera are unable to prosecute 'offending' drivers. My understanding is that only a 'trained' police officer can operate the cameras in an official capacity and instigate prosecutions. The best the 'nimbies' can do is send a local authority warning letter to the 'supposed' offenders (unless regulations have changed recently)

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
This device and local nimbies/vigilanties with a police loaned speed camera are unable to prosecute 'offending' drivers. My understanding is that only a 'trained' police officer can operate the cameras in an official capacity and instigate prosecutions. The best the 'nimbies' can do is send a local authority warning letter to the 'supposed' offenders (unless regulations have changed recently)
For now.... 🙄😔

antijam

CCCUK Member
We have speed camera signs on all the roads into our village but the one camera is wielded by a local wandering from road to road. Speeders are reported to the police but there have been no prosecutions.
I've had a slap on the wrist letter from the constabulary but no prosecution for speeding through another local village detected by one of the natives welding a camera.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Agree with you Ros . We get loaned / bought cameras used quite regularly in villages around my area . Local busy boddies all dec`d out in hi vis and doing their level best to look very important . I don`t condone excessive speeding in inappropriate places but these job`s worths have no legal powers what so ever and really get up my nose !

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Agree with you Ros . We get loaned / bought cameras used quite regularly in villages around my area . Local busy boddies all dec`d out in hi vis and doing their level best to look very important . I don`t condone excessive speeding in inappropriate places but these job`s worths have no legal powers what so ever and really get up my nose !
I got spotted by a group in my van, driving sensibly i saw them a long way off. I received a letter from the local constabulary saying that I had been seen and recorded speeding. No mention of the alleged speed but a warning that if I was reported a total of 3 times , then I “may” receive a visit From a uniformed officer. Considering that a close friend of mine has been trying to get a visit from a uniformed officer for weeks! after being battered over the head with a length of 3x2 by a pair of dodgy back st garage cowboys, this may be a quicker way to get a police response for assaults, burglary and thefts ! 🤔