The Lesser Spotted Grand Sport

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Do we know how many Euro spec C6 GS officially entered the UK to be sold?

Can anyone in the club also tell me how many GS owners (Euro spec or import) are registered as club members? πŸ€”

My guess is not many at all and it could influence a decision I am pondering.

Thanks in advance! πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I have only seen two in the South Central Region, a red one and a grey one that is Supercharged - Both Coupes

Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Suspect that some (or more) of those UK spec cars may have gone to mainland Europe over the years, with the strength of the Euro against the Β£. And a mainland Europe spec car has different spec headlights to a UK spec car. Had experience of that in 2012, although my MoT tester at the time said that the Euro mainland spec C6 I was buying would pass the MoT with the Euro spec headlights on it (as it had before I bought it).

Rich

Administrator

Can anyone in the club also tell me how many GS owners (Euro spec or import) are registered as club members? πŸ€”

My guess is not many at all and it could influence a decision I am pondering.

Thanks in advance! πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
Officially, there were six. All registered to GM and supposedly looked after by Bauer Millett (mine didn't have any service history 18 months into its life). GM tried to invalidate the warranty because of this even though they owned the car!! They didn't succeed.

All 2013 Man Utd cars. Can remember exactly but I think there were 2/3 Black (at least 2 Convertibles), a White Coupe, a Silver Coupe and my red/black convertible which morphed into a Camaro before going to Norway. The next year they got manual C7s.

The Club database shows 5 Grand Sports (all 2010/11) but there may be more not designated as a GS

Good luck finding a C6 Grand Sport over here.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Officially, there were six.
Good luck finding a C6 Grand Sport over here.
Rich, thank you Sir, just the information I was looking for. Essentially, rarer than hen's teeth.

One door closes, I open another.
Thanks again. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Blimey Rich, So few? Maybe explains why when Autocar tested one in December 2011, it had German plates on it! :) As they only rated it 2 stars out of 5, that maybe didnt help sales too much?

Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I'm pretty sure Bauer Millett didn't supply any, but I may be wrong.
I remember the black wide bodied C6 BM were at the Nationals with. But, just looking on the interwebbie, think that was the C6 Z06 Centennial. In the pic at their place. BM 2012 C6 Z06 Centennial.jpg