This Is A Neat Car.......

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
Well I had a TR7 back in the day. Nice red with Wolfrace wheels the car was impressive in many ways, until the dreaded head gasket went, a common fault apparently.
Watched a documentary once talking to the guys on the line who built the car. They were saying it could have been a great car if only the guys 'upstairs' had listened to the factory people. hmmm...….

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
I`ll stick with my Merc and my Vette Norm

Attachments

• SAM_0151.JPG
    SAM_0151.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 1
  • SAM_0153 (2).JPG
    SAM_0153 (2).JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 1

Mike W

Busy user
I had one when I was about 20, I loved it because a 2 seater at that age.....bliss. It was Inca Yellow and immaculate, which was rare as the TR7 was known to rust for fun. Mine was a coupe with the later 5 speed box. Only failure I had was the clutch master cylinder, but then I only had for about a year. The 2.0 litre engine was, I believe, basically the same as the Dolomite Sprint but with an 8 valve head rather than the 16v in the "Dolly". Many were then treated to the popular Rover V8 conversion which I'm sure would make them much more interesting. At the very end Triumph released a factory V8 and called it the TR8.

I do look back on it quite fondly, but that's probably just me remembering my care free youth :) Quite nice cars in their way but I can't pretend to hanker for another - they're just not that exciting.

The one in the article has nice (IMHO) after market wheels but sits way too high at the back.

Nick B

CCCUK Member
A buddy of mine had one with a not very well done V8 conversion, it was good fun but as Mike said it really was a rust bucket.

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
A guy that I know owns this UK V8 think he said it was no 2 off production line , it’s in mint condition .
I was parked next to him at a show last year

Attachments

• 5E3E0B3B-3093-4DD3-9170-2F034075DF47.jpeg
    5E3E0B3B-3093-4DD3-9170-2F034075DF47.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 5