Tools & Tow Hook for Euro C6

Vettemike09

Committee Member
Now that I have the new tyres on the car, I am looking at other things that are not quite 100%. I was told that the Euro C6's came with a Tow hook that can screw in at the front and back. I have found the places that they screw into but don't have a tow hook or any other tools that should have come with the car. Can someone tell me what came with their Euro C6 and may post a picture? I have the user manual etc. If anyone knows of a Euro GM/Opal tow hook that fits the c6 then I would be grateful to hear about it..... Thanks :)

N

Norm

Maybe not too helpful, check with Ecklers or Mid-America, they may have something.

hook.jpghook2.jpg

Vettemike09

Committee Member
Thanks Norm. I had seen these and was considering one when in the US a couple of weeks ago.... But brought back a full set of Rotors/Brake Disks instead :) I actually have the mounting points already there on my C6 and was hoping to find out what size thread it was and/or to find out if another GM euro part fitted.... If not, one of those the next trip over the pond.

N

Norm

Thread size on tow hook should be M20 x 2.5. Find a piece of stock with that thread, test to see if it fits, maybe make your own. Got a welder friend? dress it up, paint it, there you go.

z06_tim

Busy user
I recommend checking if the C6 has a left hand thread. Quite a few tow-eyes are like this. It is to stop the unwinding action of a rope from loosening the tow-eye.