Upper door hinge bolt access (in the door)

Last triumph

Well-known user
I'm making some fine adjustments to my door and need to loosen all the hinge bolts with the 9/16 heads within the door.

I've got the door panel off and the bottom ones are easy to access and undo, as a socket slides straight on to all four, however the upper four bolts behind the little access cover is a different matter. The rear most two are fine, the socket slides straight on, however the front most two have partially hindered access due to the door pressing - you can't get a socket on it straight.

There's not enough room to get a spanner in there so I must be missing the obvious technique to access these bolts.... what's the tool/technique?

Last edited:

Custom exotics

Well-known user
Use a 3/8 size socket handle and socket with extension or a 1/4 drive 9/16 small 1/4 extention bar then step up adapter to 3/8 rachet handle

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Or maybe try a crows foot spanner on your rachet drive .But you would have the faff of having to index it round on the bolt after each partial turn due to lack of clearance . Crows foot.jpg

Last triumph

Well-known user
Yes, had a slight dink in the pressing which I've now sorted, made the small adjustments the door and fits well now....

sKfAz5g.jpg

Last edited: