V5

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Just received my V5 back and noticed that some of the car details are incorrect.
Engine size is down as 5070cc instead of 5700cc and build year is 1986 when it should be 1985.
Is that something that I should get changed or is it too much hassle to worry about ?
If I should change it is it an easy process with the DVLA ?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Sounds like the engine size is a typo, as could be the year of manufacture although 1985 Is different to 1986.
was this it’s first UK registration or just a new ownership change? If the old V5 was yeared as 1986 you may need to get confirmation of year of manufacture.
It’s definitely worth contacting them to correct it.

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Sounds like the engine size is a typo, as could be the year of manufacture although 1985 Is different to 1986.
was this it’s first UK registration or just a new ownership change? If the old V5 was yeared as 1986 you may need to get confirmation of year of manufacture.
It’s definitely worth contacting them to correct it.
Car was 1st registered in UK in 1989 but on V5 year of manufacture is 86 when cars data plate states November 1985. I know it's not a lot of different but will be a years less road tax
I assume the cc was also a typo.
Didn't know if it was worth the hassle to change

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Car was 1st registered in UK in 1989 but on V5 year of manufacture is 86 when cars data plate states November 1985. I know it's not a lot of different but will be a years less road tax
I assume the cc was also a typo.
Didn't know if it was worth the hassle to change
Obviously when the car was first registered they put the incorrect year, although the US title would have stated it as a 1985, so the DVLA would be at fault, but the passage of time will deflect blame.
They will probably/most definitely want confirmation of sorts to amend the year, this is something that the club could supply.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
If the car was produced in November 1985, it would have been considered a 1986 vehicle in the USA and titled as a 1986, that’s why your V5 states 1986

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You pipped me to it Nassau , I was about to say the confusion would be in the model year in USA terms . Like my C3 was produced in December 1979 as a 1980 model year car . At least my V5 is correct as a 1980 car .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
If you check the 10th digit of the VIN it denotes the year
F is 1985
G is 1986
November production will show a G.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Then it’s officially a 1986 Corvette. Would have been registered here on a 1986 US title and our V5 would have said same.