Wanted: C6 Z06 complete exhaust inc. manifold/cats/X pipe

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
As per the title, does anyone have a complete C6 Z06 exhaust squirreled away they would like to sell? I'm looking for the complete system, including cats, manifolds, X pipe and back boxes.

Thanks, David

maudyz28

Regular user
Hi David,
I'm often back in DE as I work there, there are usually some guys selling C6 Z06 exhausts for varying prices (to me quite steep) if anything was local to me I could collect and bring it over potentially?

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Thank you, that's very kind of you to offer. I agree, for the most part they seem very expensive these day, partly as people are buying up used catalytic convertors for strong money. I may end up risking a set of cheap headers instead. :)

maudyz28

Regular user
I think if you are fitting to a non-z06 the gains are there, but moderate. That said headers will be likely cheaper, but louders and possible mot issue with emissions depending if you have cats (or not). I also have an ls1 camaro with heads and full slp exhuast and 'race' cats. Its loud but not too much - plus it's cammed.

I found this useful doc on the US sites, come guy did a full z06 to his C6 LS3 auto (car I had at the time and was planning the same thing ;) ). In DE we have to fit GM parts as then they do not need a TUV assessment, hence why I wanted to do it. Headers are for the most part illegal, unless you can get some (pricey) paper work

Attachments

• ZO6 Exhaust installed on 2008 LS3 C6.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
An example I did to customers C6

Long tube headers with sports CATs
As I did with my 99 C5 used all 3 inch from the collectors all the way to muffler tips
Mufflers had 3" inlets and outlets
The X-Pipe was set close to engine as this generates more exhaust pulses that help extract cylinders on exhaust stroke
giving a cleaner charge for cylinder volume
This also gives better low to mid-range torque after I tuned the PCM

C6Xpipeheaders.jpg