Wanted: Quiet exhaust! (Swap)

Mike-

Regular user
Hi

Currently have a Borla exhaust on my C5, unsure of the model but it’s the one with very small silencers just before the tips. Long shot but if anyone is up for a swap with a quieter but still aftermarket exhaust give me a shout. It isn’t to my taste being so loud and I do quite long journeys.

cheers
mike

Alexm

CCCUK Member
Hi

Currently have a Borla exhaust on my C5, unsure of the model but it’s the one with very small silencers just before the tips. Long shot but if anyone is up for a swap with a quieter but still aftermarket exhaust give me a shout. It isn’t to my taste being so loud and I do quite long journeys.

cheers
mike
Hi Mike
I have in my garage a standard c5 axle back exhaust system(opposite to your self swopped for a Borla system).
Owned by a mate of mine (the good elf) on here.
I think he wants £ 150 for it.?
I also have a C6 exhaust system (cat back) has had slight mod to final chambers to make slightly louder ( but wasn’t enough for me, so a borla fitted.4826

Mike W

Busy user
Hi Mike,

where are you located? I could be interested in a swap. Mine has an aftermarket system but it's not very loud.
I'd be interested if you're not too far away. I'm in Somerset.

Last edited:

Mike-

Regular user
Should’ve probably mentioned earlier, I’m in Yorkshire so prob a bit far. If you’re ever passing through though let me know.

Robert Craske

Well-known user
Hi Mike
I have in my garage a standard c5 axle back exhaust system(opposite to your self swopped for a Borla system).
Owned by a mate of mine (the good elf) on here.
I think he wants £ 150 for it.?
I also have a C6 exhaust system (cat back) has had slight mod to final chambers to make slightly louder ( but wasn’t enough for me, so a borla fitted.View attachment 4826
I would be interested in these if they are still available and depending on where you are in the UK.

Alexm

CCCUK Member
I would be interested in these if they are still available and depending on where you are in the UK.
Hi Robert
Based in kent Bexleyheath area.
Are you interested in the c5 or C6 bits?
I have some new pics of both now if interested?

Alexm

CCCUK Member
The C5 exhausts for £150 and what C6 bits do you have as I have both a C5 and C6.
Hi Robert
Have C6 cat back system with mods to outlet chamber, basically a hole in out side of box with a removable cover, internally a 30mm hole drilled through the inlet pipe so bypasses the acoustic part of the silencer.
Is louder than standard but not by mega amount.

Attachments

• 30E319C7-904A-45F6-99E4-9492C701D62D.jpeg
    30E319C7-904A-45F6-99E4-9492C701D62D.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 9
  • CD131C93-9945-4823-9CE5-25875655953A.jpeg
    CD131C93-9945-4823-9CE5-25875655953A.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 9
  • E967C64A-FFB1-4477-9B01-0F406206FD2B.jpeg
    E967C64A-FFB1-4477-9B01-0F406206FD2B.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 9
  • C8EA5FE1-ADA1-4E9C-BA97-084F64AA8071.jpeg
    C8EA5FE1-ADA1-4E9C-BA97-084F64AA8071.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 8

Robert Craske

Well-known user
Hi Robert
Have C6 cat back system with mods to outlet chamber, basically a hole in out side of box with a removable cover, internally a 30mm hole drilled through the inlet pipe so bypasses the acoustic part of the silencer.
Hi Robert

Robert Craske

Well-known user
I dont know when i can pick them up with the lock down but I can transfer you the money for them. Do you mind holding onto them for me as it maybe a month or so or much more ?

Alexm

CCCUK Member
I dont know when i can pick them up with the lock down but I can transfer you the money for them. Do you mind holding onto them for me as it maybe a month or so or much more ?
Robert
No problem to hang on to them (can’t go anywhere anyway)
Let’s hope things get sorted sooner rather than later, and you can pick up when ready.
Will need a days notice for collection as they are in my mate Andys garage (who owns them)
Contact 07939 083149 when ready
Regards
Alex