Wanted: Very Cheap and Immaculate C3..........

Kevpix

CCCUK Member
....... OK, that's not going to happen, is it :rolleyes: After over 40 years of lusting after a C3 the time to buy is getting nearer. What I really, really want is a 68-73 chrome bumper C3. However, a reasonable example may be out of my price range so I'm also looking at later C3's.
I'm past big restoration projects but could manage little tinkering and fettling. I want something that I can use for club meet ups and shows so has to be relatively ( for a 40-50 year old car) reliable. I live near Chichester, West Sussex, but appreciate I will have to travel to find my ideal car!

Roscobbc

My '68 is still here - and perhaps for sale for the right offer - although far from 'cheap' (although negotiable) what ever that might be - and certainly not immaculate (whatever that is - although presentable) - see under For Sale forum posted 22 September 2021 - (revised price shown 9th November)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think the word reasonable should replace cheap, and as you say ( mr Rosco ) presentable should replace immaculate.

Kevpix

CCCUK Member
My '68 is still here - and perhaps for sale for the right offer - although far from 'cheap' (although negotiable) what ever that might be - and certainly not immaculate (whatever that is - although presentable) - see under For Sale forum posted 22 September 2021 - (revised price shown 9th November)
That's a cracking C3 but sadly my budget doesn't stretch that far. I hope you sell it soon.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
There’s a red 1968 convertible on eBay, priced at £26.5k. Might be worth a look at that price. You wouldn’t buy one stateside and import for that money. Probably not immaculate but reasonable money.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
There’s a red 1968 convertible on eBay, priced at £26.5k. Might be worth a look at that price. You wouldn’t buy one stateside and import for that money. Probably not immaculate but reasonable money.
On the other hand the chassis could be as rotten as a pear ! :unsure: Always worth a look though .