Weatherseal kits

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Does anyone have any experience of any of the weatherseal kits out there? (e.g. Ecklers, Zip Corvette, Ebay ones etc).

I'm thinking of buying a weatherseal kit for my 1968 327 t-top as I know at least my t-top seals, door seals, and rear window seal could do with being replaced. But there are so many kits out there, some that are "deluxe" and so forth. So I'm not sure what is good or not. But then I guess anything new is better than the old shrivelled stuff I currently have :ROFLMAO:

Any recommendations for kits etc? Oh and do we get club discount at Zip Corvette? Ecklers always have offers on. Thanks.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I’ve bought a couple of complete weatherstrip kits from Corvette Central. One was for a 1960, the other for a 66. Both were fine, fitted without any problems. I’m sure their C3 kits would be just as good. Have also purchased individual pieces from Ecklers as needed, again no problems on quality or fitting, so again assume their kits will be all good.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Does anyone have any experience of any of the weatherseal kits out there? (e.g. Ecklers, Zip Corvette, Ebay ones etc).

I'm thinking of buying a weatherseal kit for my 1968 327 t-top as I know at least my t-top seals, door seals, and rear window seal could do with being replaced. But there are so many kits out there, some that are "deluxe" and so forth. So I'm not sure what is good or not. But then I guess anything new is better than the old shrivelled stuff I currently have :ROFLMAO:

Any recommendations for kits etc? Oh and do we get club discount at Zip Corvette? Ecklers always have offers on. Thanks.
I bought a '72 door seal kit from Ecklers that was fine. Had to give the doors a proper slam after they were fitted. I couldn't find a discount code for Ecklers at that time so called them and they applied discount to most of my order.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep

I bought a full set of door and side window seals from Ecklers about 4 years back . I didn`t need the T Top seals thankfully as mine are as water tight as a ducks buttocks ! The door aperture seals can be a real pain to fit and glue in place correctly as you could do with an extra hand or two .I recall a previous thread on the forum about this ages ago . The inner and outer window seals were a bit of a faff as the pre drilled holes in the new stainless / chromed outer strips that hold the rubbers did not line up with the holes in the door tops so had to drill new holes in the doors to take the self tappers . Also the strips were about 10 mm too long at the end that kicks up at the trailing end of the doors . I had to carefully trim them with a razor saw to get a clean cut edge . The inner seals had to be doctored a bit too to fit snuggly where they are pop revetted onto inside edge of the door cards

Oneball

CCCUK Member
The generic C3 kits contain the later type seals that won’t fit the 68/69 roof panels without the appropriate pressed steel retainers.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
The generic C3 kits contain the later type seals that won’t fit the 68/69 roof panels without the appropriate pressed steel retainers.
Yeah I've seen a few places that list various kits, but in the small print they say about the later style t-top seals are included and allegedly can be "easily adapted" to fit the earlier cars. Then say they can provide earlier style t-top seals for £XX amount more.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I have complete kits, £295 delivered
Nice one thanks and good price. What is contained in the kit? Does it include the correct 1968 t-top seals (as discussed above), or the later style ones that need adapting? I believe also the window / door sides are a bit specific in the early days too - 68-early 69 is one type, then late 69 is another, and then after that is another. Something like that. Does the kit also include the rear window seal as found on the earlier cars? (mine is a 1968).

Last edited:

sublimemike

Well-known user
I have a brand new door weatherstrip kit for a coupe left and right doors. It's made by Metro. I bought it for my car and didn't realize there was a difference between coupe and vert Let me know if you are interested. It was advertised as fitting 69-75. Dam it 68!! That's unlucky.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I have a brand new door weatherstrip kit for a coupe left and right doors. It's made by Metro. I bought it for my car and didn't realize there was a difference between coupe and vert Let me know if you are interested. It was advertised as fitting 69-75. Dam it 68!! That's unlucky.
Thanks. My door weatherstrips are mostly ok - I was just looking to get the whole big kit (10 pieces?) including the doors, t-tops, windows, rear window (68-72), hood ledge and I can't remember the rest. I figured that if my t-top seals and rear window seal ain't great then probably the rest aren't and I may as well do them all.