What are my options and best bet in obtaining C5 parts?

silver50

Busy user
Hi folks,

New member, I await delivery (to Edinburgh) from Spain of my late Uncle's 1999 C5. It's not been used (sitting outside) for 8/9 years and I'll certainly know more soon on exact condition. First impressions last week weren't desperately bad, but we shall see!

Can you kind people guide me on obtaining bits? What can usually be sourced off the shelf here, where best to have things posted (from the US) from, obtaining used parts and finally on how best to obtain new dealer sourced parts. I got a spare key from Keith at Eurovettes, he seems to have certain things I see.

Many thanks.
PS picture taken by me in 2005 when I did some work on the car to SVA test it. vet02.jpg

PhilV8

CCCUK Member
If you want parts from the US, Rock Auto is good. Prices are reasonable and if you choose the Fed Ex shipment option you can pay the VAT up front and you'll get it within 3 working days (often quicker). Other good thing about the site, you get options in terms of manufacturer, so OEM or better than OEM, whatever suits your requirements/budget. Warning... if you choose the basic shipping, your purchase will likely spend a week or so touring Germany and when it arrives in the UK, you'll get a postcard from Parcelforce to pay the VAT before they'll deliver and they add in a £12 administration fee.

silver50

Busy user
Many thanks.
How about new dealer parts? I gather some cars were officially imported, does that mean any dealers here can source parts? I’m thinking mainly of things like trim/fasteners etc

z06_tim

Busy user
Rockauto is probably one of the best options for OEM replacement parts, and cheaper pattern parts options. Their on-line catalogue feels a bit like you are in the dealer parts database.

As an example I will be ordering sump plugs and a brake caliper bleed nipple, when I have enough on the list to make a worthwhile order.

silver50

Busy user
Sounds good. Need to check it out when I get a minute. I think someone mentioned them to me weeks ago but I’d forgotten the name.

Rich

Administrator
Have a word with Keith Besch of Eurovettes too.

As regards the UK dealers who used to sell C5s, they operated from Vauxhall dealerships and are long gone.

z06_tim

Busy user
Yes. Definitely consider Keith of Eurovettes, as you already have for the spare key.

He can get anything from all the US vendors, including from a Chevy dealer parts counter in the US, i should think.