What happened to rock?

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Listening to classic rock and it sounds amazing on my headphones. What happened to rock bands? I never hear rock on the radio...

Van Halen - Jump and some Ratt songs and Led Zeppelin - Kashmir if anyone was wondering. 😅

Need to burn a CD for the future C3.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Listening to classic rock and it sounds amazing on my headphones. What happened to rock bands? I never hear rock on the radio...

Van Halen - Jump and some Ratt songs and Led Zeppelin - Kashmir if anyone was wondering. 😅

Need to burn a CD for the future C3.
They never went away and many of them are still going in one form or another , you are just not looking in the right place . But since Covid there are no gigs to go too . At least you have discovered Led Zeppelin , so many great albums and iconic songs . Not to mention Robert Plant`s other bands and solo career . At least you can begin to appreciate some decent music whilst you carry on dreaming of buying a C3 ! :unsure: ðŸ˜Ģ
If you do finally get a Corvette you should be too busy listening to that wonderful V8 soundtrack to be thinking music anyway 😀

Roscobbc

If you want 'old school' rock music there isn't really much choice - perhaps DAB (Classic Rock, Absolute Rock, Planet Rock perhaps) - tbh I gave-up listening to them and they were going much the same way as 'normal' radio stations.......i.e predictabilty - music played on a 'loop' (albeit perhaps a 2 or 3 week loop) - I want to hear the bands that didn't make the big time, the lesser knowns bands. There is only one radio station that provides all that - Caroline.........you may need to listen on-line - you'll certainly need to get to know and understand the individual presenters musical preferences.......do that and you'll be well rewarded.
Me, I listen to Spotify and listen/watch Youtube music - I love listening to some of the 'unknowns' and the live performances. As an example where else would you hear something so diverse as this....

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Also search a young band called The Iron Cross . They do awesome covers many heavy rock greatest bands . They are on Youtube but probably on other trendy media that i don`t get involved in .
If you like your rock LOUD & PROUD , look up `Live Wire ` who are to my mind the greatest AC/DC tribute band out there . I have seen them live many times .
If old Thin Lizzie stuff turns you on , look up `Lime House Lizzie` . They are THE best Thin Lizzie tribute and have seen them numerous times , and having seen Thin Lizzie several times live in their hay day I can vouch for how good they are .

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Let's not forget that CCCUK's own Rob Ashard is a presenter on Caroline and does a lot of work with the station. Rob's slot is Monday evening's 7-10 pm. Always some good stuff being played. I think Caroline is available on DAB now.

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
"At least you have discovered Led Zeppelin , so many great albums and iconic songs ."

AHH my beloved LZ. Kashmir, brilliant.!
A few years back my younger brother, who's a drummer, told me he was going to try to get tickets for the last reunion, at the 02 I think, sadly without Bonzo. He was staggered when I told him I saw them at Birmingham town Hall in June1969. He was 10 & I was 15, guess I never mentioned it LOL 😂, Oh & PF

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
"At least you have discovered Led Zeppelin , so many great albums and iconic songs ."

AHH my beloved LZ. Kashmir, brilliant.!
A few years back my younger brother, who's a drummer, told me he was going to try to get tickets for the last reunion, at the 02 I think, sadly without Bonzo. He was staggered when I told him I saw them at Birmingham town Hall in June1969. He was 10 & I was 15, guess I never mentioned it LOL 😂, Oh & PF
I bet that was a blast playing on their home turf ! I met Robert Plant a few years back , he is still one cool guy in my book ! :cool:
Those were the days ! I have a T shirt that says " I might be old but at least I saw all the cool bands" . Says it all really :LOL:
If I could relive my misspent youth , I would still misspend every second of it and then some ! :ROFLMAO:
All those great bands in the full flush of fame that I saw at gigs and Rock Festivals . When I was still working we had a young lass on work placement in between university breaks . We got talking about the bands that all her `cool` student mates were getting into . When I rattled off all the bands I had seen and that I was at the massive 250,000 strong crowd for the Rolling Stones free Hyde Park concert just after Brian Jones had died , I thought she was gonna go delirious ! She was straight on her mobile calling all her mates to say she was actually working with a guy who was at the Stones gig ! Kids eh ? they ain`t lived !! :rolleyes:
Old rockers don`t fade away , they just grow old disgracefully ! Far out man ðŸĪŸ

kentvette

CCCUK Member
About 35 years ago, when I was working, one of my COs, Doreen, asked if I knew of John Bonham. Er.. yes, I said. It turned out she was related and his daughter ( I think) had made an album and had, as usual, listed all the people to whom thanks were due. And there in the list was "To Auntie Doreen", Doreen knew that John was "mixed up in music", but hadn't really heard of Led Zeppelin and so knew nothing of John's involvement!

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
I bet that was a blast playing on their home turf ! I met Robert Plant a few years back , he is still one cool guy in my book ! :cool:
Those were the days ! I have a T shirt that says " I might be old but at least I saw all the cool bands" . Says it all really :LOL:
If I could relive my misspent youth , I would still misspend every second of it and then some ! :ROFLMAO:
All those great bands in the full flush of fame that I saw at gigs and Rock Festivals . When I was still working we had a young lass on work placement in between university breaks . We got talking about the bands that all her `cool` student mates were getting into . When I rattled off all the bands I had seen and that I was at the massive 250,000 strong crowd for the Rolling Stones free Hyde Park concert just after Brian Jones had died , I thought she was gonna go delirious ! She was straight on her mobile calling all her mates to say she was actually working with a guy who was at the Stones gig ! Kids eh ? they ain`t lived !! :rolleyes:
Old rockers don`t fade away , they just grow old disgracefully ! Far out man ðŸĪŸ
Chuffer, love everything you've said. I must say that I was invited to go by a guy I knew, slightly older, I think his name was Alan Parsons. He used to say, "fancy coming to, Pink Floyd, ELP, LZ, & others etc. I never had any money as I was still at school. So he got the tickets & he said pay me when you can. Not quite sure if I ever did,! LOL So a BIG thank you to him for my musical education. Also seen Stones at Wembley, Who at NEC & Nice at Bham.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
About 35 years ago, when I was working, one of my COs, Doreen, asked if I knew of John Bonham. Er.. yes, I said. It turned out she was related and his daughter ( I think) had made an album and had, as usual, listed all the people to whom thanks were due. And there in the list was "To Auntie Doreen", Doreen knew that John was "mixed up in music", but hadn't really heard of Led Zeppelin and so knew nothing of John's involvement!
May the gods bless Auntie Doreen then , and good old `Bonzo ` Bonham too 😇 I well remember the shock of hearing of his passing . Just like I know exactly what I was doing on 18th September 1970 when Jimi Hendrix died . I was hanging out in Bournemouth playing happy hippies with a couple of my mates and gorgeous blonde hippy chick called Anita that I picked up down there ! But that`s a story for another day 😁 ðŸĪŸ

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Chuffer, love everything you've said. I must say that I was invited to go by a guy I knew, slightly older, I think his name was Alan Parsons. He used to say, "fancy coming to, Pink Floyd, ELP, LZ, & others etc. I never had any money as I was still at school. So he got the tickets & he said pay me when you can. Not quite sure if I ever did,! LOL So a BIG thank you to him for my musical education. Also seen Stones at Wembley, Who at NEC & Nice at Bham.
That wouldn`t be `the` Alan Parsons of the Alan Parsons Project perchance ? He would have been well connected !

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Chuffer, I NEED one of those T Shirts! Second loudest band I've seen The Who at NEC, boy it was loud! Loudest band? Some rockers (can't even remember their name) at some Dive in Digbeth (Bham) It was painful, hahahaha ðŸĪĢ Went through a door into a corridor, down corridor through a door into the gents through a door into a cubicle, it was STILL too LOUD!!!! I've got that Tinitus! LOL ðŸĪĢ😆