When one engine in a C5 is NOT enough

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Guess you know Corvette owners are nuts
about Corvettes, so no surprise here :p

Some real magic and smart mod designing with this 2001 C5

The back end was stretched and outward to accommodate the twin supercharged C7 LT4s that reside side-by-side behind the driver.
The 2 supercharged engines should each produce the same 650-HP and 640 lb-ft of torque as they do in the C7 Z06,
and when combined, the car has an estimated 1300 horsepower and is projected to run 290-300 MPH.

I'd like to test for that claimed top end speed ! :)

Would this fit in your garage ?

E8cwk_vVoAEewsr.jpg
E8cwk_xVUAEI0CY.jpg

E8cwk_vVoAMFdqk.jpg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
As much as I like overly powerful cars, ingenious engine swaps, and also blue cars..... but I have to say that thing looks rather ugly. The engine bay looks nice though.

As for fitting in a standard UK size garage.... well.... my old council garage my normal C3 barely fit in there. My daily driving ford focus wouldn't fit in it without knocking the door mirrors off.

Roscobbc

Kinda reminds me in a way of John Dodds Merlin powered faux Rolls Royce all those years ago - functional, does the job but so 'unbalanced' in appearance terms, and , well - simply fugly!
ClcM5vRl9bSMbE33UWb_1LbSJl1If_mmsKX56jaJT9Lilz7ThK3eVvrPbE8PJGDmfdDeRqJNqOSjj2bycrQIyHGzIhbSl9jvtIsBNFnPdoCET8au6ZJNT4ABocQgNS5-SXpUpK2SHuFa-_ud2vs8y_c

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Test out the top speed then park it in a barn and forget where you put it. :LOL:
Ugly is being way too kind. Impressive engineering but i hope that wasnt their lifes work.
I like to think of John Dodds 1645cu-in 'The Beast' as ugly in a good way, this blue thing 'not so much'.

This is how to do it...