Where to get engine rebuilt?

chevy402

CCCUK Member
Hi all, my question is where would you go to get a custom engine rebuilt to your spec ?. I mean do machine work and have knowledge of american performance parts/ engines. preferably as close to the midlands area.(uk) as possible.
Thanks.

Roscobbc

ICE Automotive Racing Engines, Silverstone. Peter Knight Racing Engines, Daventry. John Sleath, Doncaster (built my engine)

chevy402

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the quick reply guys. I`ll look into those suggestions.
I`m spoilt by choice now. Any preference?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
ICE Automotive Racing at Silverstone and Peter Knight Racing are highly recommended by my mate who runs a race car preparation business where I store my C3 near Silverstone . He has dealt with them both for years . Peter Knight Racing did the engine build on a 1965 Mustang full on race car he looked after for a gentleman racer so the must be good .

Roscobbc

ICE were for a few years based close to me in Basildon - they were the place of choice back then for all the local budding drag racers and hot-rod boys - good reputation - had a few buddies who had engines built by them (including one that suffered a major failure due to a porous bore (owing to core shift) - ICE did the 'right thing'.
I selected John Sleath for the build of my engine as he was the only one at that time (ten years ago) who would 'work' with me and give a final likely (and realistic) costing - He has built a large number of big HP turbo street and race engines. Being a 'sole trader' I'm guessing his labour costs will be reasonable compared with larger outfits. OK so 200 miles away from me but his costs were worth it.